• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Loved and Lost

Bliss

Sally Twit
Have you ever loved and lost somebody, wished there was a chance to say "I'm sorry"?
:lol: Oh, S Club 7.

No but really, it's a genuine question. I just didn't know how to ask it so I thought I'd let them do it for me.

I'm not asking about the 'sorry' part actually. I just want to know if you've ever been in love and then lost them. It didn't work out, you literally lost them, they left you, you left them etc.

Have you ever been there? And if you have, how did it affect you in future relationships?

StormyClouds

Registered Member
I left someone in 2008, I have my reasons, something i dont want to go into. been single ever since :shocked:
I loved him, gave everything up for him. dont think I'll be doing that again. I dont miss him.

Impact

V.I.P.
At the time, I didn't think I loved my ex, but from the world of hurt he caused me, and how much he's screwed me up since, i'm gonna go with I did. Not at all pleasant, kinda makes you wonder if it's worth it at all really. As for how it's affected future relationships...well i've been avoiding them since so there's your answer.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I was never in love with him, but the guy I was the most infatuated with out of all my 'crushes' asked me out after a long time of on/off-ness and I said no because my friend kind of liked him too and I didn't want to hurt her feelings or seem like a bitch. It hurt a LOT to do that, as me and the guy were really close friends for a while and I thought he was the perfect person for me. :lol:

Last I heard of him, he's in and out of prison for drug-related crimes. That tells you a lot about the people I used to hang out with LOL. He was sweet to me though and I think it did affect me for a while afterwards.

Sooo to answer your question directly; no, not really, but that's just what comes closest for me.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Wow, Bex. I'm glad you didn't go for it then if that's the case.
However, had he not have been a criminal I think it would have been a shame not to follow your heart. It's lovely of you that you didn't want to hurt your friend, but I'm sure she would have understood if both of you felt the same way about each other.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Mark and I split back in September.

We were on a break that I asked for. I needed time. He had been distant and I'd tried to change for him. Which is insane, I guess. Who does that? Who changes themselves to be what someone else wants? We were too different I guess...

But after a week of break I realized I loved him more than anything and didn't care about any of the stupid little things anymore and that I was going to do whatever it took to keep him. And I called and he said HE needed more time... and I gave it to him... and a few more weeks went by and nothing. And nothing. And finally I texted him to ask if we were ever going to get back together. He texted me "no, I don't think we are." A few weeks later he came to get his stuff and to get the ring and to split the engagement presents.

How has it affected my relationships since?

Well, my actual friendships sort of went to hell. I spent so much time wallowing and caring about what was going on with me that I sort of stopped talking to everyone beside my best friend Ashley and a few friends on Stickam. Stopped talking to Brian which I felt the absolute worst about... and still continue apologizing for.

I'm in a new relationship though. Long distance again, but... farther long distance. Wyoming. I went to see him because we were friends and I desperately needed a random far away vacation and he offered it. And he ended up being a lot more perfect for me than I'd thought.

Despite all that, I still randomly think about Mark when listening to some cheesey song about losing someone you love... Then I bawl like a retard in my car until I get home and then I go on as if it never happened...

I suppose I'm not going to be completely over it for a while, but... it's definitely affecting my current relationships (in every sense of the word).

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I did have one girlfriend that I loved very much. We thought we were destined to be together. We both loved eachother equally.

We broke up 2 years ago yesterday. I haven't talked to her much since. I wish to, but have never had the chance.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Mark and I split back in September.

We were on a break that I asked for. I needed time. He had been distant and I'd tried to change for him. Which is insane, I guess. Who does that? Who changes themselves to be what someone else wants? We were too different I guess...

But after a week of break I realized I loved him more than anything and didn't care about any of the stupid little things anymore and that I was going to do whatever it took to keep him. And I called and he said HE needed more time... and I gave it to him... and a few more weeks went by and nothing. And nothing. And finally I texted him to ask if we were ever going to get back together. He texted me "no, I don't think we are." A few weeks later he came to get his stuff and to get the ring and to split the engagement presents.

How has it affected my relationships since?

Well, my actual friendships sort of went to hell. I spent so much time wallowing and caring about what was going on with me that I sort of stopped talking to everyone beside my best friend Ashley and a few friends on Stickam. Stopped talking to Brian which I felt the absolute worst about... and still continue apologizing for.

I'm in a new relationship though. Long distance again, but... farther long distance. Wyoming. I went to see him because we were friends and I desperately needed a random far away vacation and he offered it. And he ended up being a lot more perfect for me than I'd thought.

Despite all that, I still randomly think about Mark when listening to some cheesey song about losing someone you love... Then I bawl like a retard in my car until I get home and then I go on as if it never happened...

I suppose I'm not going to be completely over it for a while, but... it's definitely affecting my current relationships (in every sense of the word).
It's kind of sad that you broke up. I thought he loved you very much. I don't know why I had this impression.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ummm I can't really think of an instance where I loved someone and they got away. I don't really crush all that often so when someone gets my attention usually they get it full on and that typically leads to a relationship. At least that's been the case so far.

I thought I loved the girls in the two relationships I was in but they didn't get away, they just didn't work out.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This has happened twice. Both times it left me a mess. The first time, I swore I would never date again (foolish, I know) and I stuck to that for two years... right up until I met the second one. I did my best to keep my distance, but eventually fell in love. In both cases, there were things that both of us could've done to prevent either one of us from getting away. Now that I think about it, it was probably for the best.

I talk to the first one 2-3 times a week, I have absolutely no contact with the second one.