• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

love, love and all about love

roseann

hey guys! we teens have been labeled as deviants, hard-headed, or stubborn, but seriously do you believe this?! who do our parents change drastically during our pubescent stage?! they become more strict and insensitive to us?! seriously, why?! doesn't our parents love us when we turn 16?!
anyways aside from parents, love is a major role in our social dealings during teen years. it almost has become the center of attention of our universe?! why does love become so irksome at times like this?! has the world become so unstable since we've turned 16 or 17?! why is this happening during these stages!
Post your replies here guys1 I want to hear it from you:cool:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
hey guys! we teens have been labeled as deviants, hard-headed, or stubborn, but seriously do you believe this?!
Yes, I believe it because that's how teens are. THey think no one understands them but it's the other way around.

why do our parents change drastically during our pubescent stage?!
It's not parents who change, it's YOU teens who change. It's a change that happens unconsciously to you. And it seems like the whole world is against you.
they become more strict and insensitive to us?! seriously, why?! doesn't our parents love us when we turn 16?!
It's not that parents don't love you, it's just that you get more criticized
has the world become so unstable since we've turned 16 or 17?! why is this happening during these stages!
As I previously said, YOU think the world has become unstable.
Teens make a lot of drama out of nothing.

Last edited:

shelgarr

Registered Member
Is your Dad around? Do you have close relationships with anyone in your family? Love at the teenage years is not love. It's a search for people to place in your life that will give you things that are missing. Like admiration, praise, respect, acceptance, warmth, fun, and a sense of belonging. Being lonesome is so hard and it's very easy to get "attached" prematurely. Try hard to realize it's not true bonds. Sure, you can have fun, and have friendships that are meaningful, but the "bonds" that you seek can only be attained with time....much time. The heartache is torture though so believe me I get it. But you need to maintain your self-respect, don't make terrible mistakes, and take a crash course in wisdom.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Is your Dad around? Do you have close relationships with anyone in your family? Love at the teenage years is not love. It's a search for people to place in your life that will give you things that are missing. Like admiration, praise, respect, acceptance, warmth, fun, and a sense of belonging. Being lonesome is so hard and it's very easy to get "attached" prematurely. Try hard to realize it's not true bonds. Sure, you can have fun, and have friendships that are meaningful, but the "bonds" that you seek can only be attained with time....much time. The heartache is torture though so believe me I get it. But you need to maintain your self-respect, don't make terrible mistakes, and take a crash course in wisdom.
Then please explain how I met my partner when I was 15 and we're still together 10 years later.

I fell in love with him then and I am still deeply in love with him today.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Then please explain how I met my partner when I was 15 and we're still together 10 years later.

I fell in love with him then and I am still deeply in love with him today.
Did I claim there wasn't exceptions? Good for you Bliss! Now, maybe you can have some advice for the OP?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I mean from the incoherent ramblings, and poor grammar and sentence structure in this post...I can make out a complaint of parents treatment of teenagers, and teenage romances.

First off, I am not going to go into details but every here (aside from bliss) is expressing some that teenagers are idiots, especially when it comes to romance.

Yes, they are inexperienced but the parents job is not just to tell the teenager that they are always wrong, naive, or immature.
That is not going to help anyone. I would argue that strict authoritarian environments concerning teenage relationships only encourages teenagers to further resist their parents.

That being said, love or romance develops differently for different people at different ages. And although it is less probable for it to occur in one's youth it is not unheard of. Adults have just as much difficulty with love and relationships as teens (high divorce, adultery, marital unhappiness, etc.)

So, don't just easily dismiss teenagers or youths complaints or feelings by taking a hardline approach.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Teens are statistically not able to have good judgement about "love". Can't ignore the math. Sure, there are exceptions, as Bliss so blissfully is experiencing. This particular OP might be on a rant about parents...might be on a rant about teen "love" ... or might be on a rant about parents not being able to relate to teen "love". We all have different interpretations. I have a sense that she is desperate to be with a boy/man and her mom doesn't want her to be. Its an age-old complicated problem. While I come from a parent side, I also know the teen side....was there once. Swift and Bliss....you might think you're so compassionate, but you have no idea if you're throwing this person into the arms of a molesting psychopath. Maybe her mom does.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Teens are statistically not able to have good judgement about "love". Can't ignore the math. Sure, there are exceptions, as Bliss so blissfully is experiencing. This particular OP might be on a rant about parents...might be on a rant about teen "love" ... or might be on a rant about parents not being able to relate to teen "love". We all have different interpretations. I have a sense that she is desperate to be with a boy/man and her mom doesn't want her to be. Its an age-old complicated problem. While I come from a parent side, I also know the teen side....was there once. Swift and Bliss....you might think you're so compassionate, but you have no idea if you're throwing this person into the arms of a molesting psychopath. Maybe her mom does.
I would like to see that statistic if you are going to use it as part of your argument. And I am arguing that adults are not much better with their relationship decisions and should step down from their ivory tower of "experience" and "maturity" every now and then and try to relate with a teenage counterpart instead of telling them they are just wrong.

The original poster looks like a spammer, and yes it is a rant, but the other responses is what made me reply.

This isn't about my sense of compassion for her plight at all. I have little to no compassion for members or anyone here. I am responding to just tell you that you are wrong.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I would like to see that statistic if you are going to use it as part of your argument. And I am arguing that adults are not much better with their relationship decisions and should step down from their ivory tower of "experience" and "maturity" every now and then and try to relate with a teenage counterpart instead of telling them they are just wrong.

The original poster looks like a spammer, and yes it is a rant, but the other responses is what made me reply.

This isn't about my sense of compassion for her plight at all. I have little to no compassion for members or anyone here. I am responding to just tell you that you are wrong.
Seriously? You want me to produce a study? Isn't it common sense? You seem to comfortably make statements such as adults not being much better at love decisions. Do you have a link to support that? Silly huh? I think there is truth in both. And I wouldn't dare tell you that you are "wrong".

Adults don't sit on an ivory tower while they try and give young people guidance. Experience is legitimate despite how annoying it is to teens. So if this person is a spammer...all this is for nought. On the other hand, if this person is for real, I stand by the concept that likely the mom has her shit together a lot more than the teen.

Personally I know better in my own parenting then to disrespect all the emotions my daughter (age 16) goes through with boys. She's been out with a couple doozies, but I didn't need to interfere for her to figure that out.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Seriously? You want me to produce a study? Isn't it common sense? You seem to comfortably make statements such as adults not being much better at love decisions. Do you have a link to support that?
Yes, I am arguing your "common sense" is wrong, so produce evidence beyond a generalization.

I found mine. Page 5 divorce count by state. It is probable that there are 18 and 19 year olds getting legally married and divorced and they would be classified as "teenagers" but I am sure the percentage is low.

There are very high counts per state, indicating a trend of unsuccessful relationships.

FASTSTATS - Marriage and Divorce

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_25.pdf

Your move Shelgar.