Loud neighbor...

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by pro2A, May 29, 2007.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ok my neighbor upstairs is pretty cool, i've known him for a while now. He'll come down and drink beer w/ me and hang out etc... I've asked him a few times after 7pm or so to try and be quiet. No loud music, no thumpin around mainly because I go to bed early for my morning job, and our kids go down early too. Sound really carries in our building. I've been nice about it, and dont want to ruin our friendship. The other night he was moving and dragging furniture around at 1am and blasting his music. He seems to forget I go to bed early, it woke me up, my fiance and our 2 year old started crying, needless to say I was pissed. Now everynight around 6:30 or so he'll thump his loud rap music to the point where I am boiling. He has it so loud that he doesnt answer his door or phone. I don't want to call the police and ruin our friendship, and everytime I ask him to stop he sorta gets an additude, but over all is cool with it. It'll stop for a day or so... then begin again... it gets really old after awhile. Any ideas on what I could do, and moving is out of the question because we need this place now because its not so expensive.

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

What you really need to do is call the police. Because you've asked him repeatedly to stop and he has, but not for long.

He's being an ass... So just call the cops.

3. pro2A

The problem with that is he would know it was me, and I would have to live with him being pissed off at me day after day. It's kind of hard to avoid him... i'm not the kind of person who gets off on confrontation... This is why i'm having a problem calling the cops...

4. Buy a very large stereo and even bigger speakers and a CD of Richard Wagner... when it is his quiet time crank it up and bang on the pipes or his door and ask him down to share the fun... when he brings up the thought he doesn't like Wagner then you can bring up the point again about your work/sleep habits.

Wagner rocks! The richest and most powerful people of Europe and the world travel to the annual "reservations only" concert in Bayreuth… check out a sample… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC-O-XVv1Mo

5. pro2A

This would be oddly amusing...:yes: I like it.... and probably will do it

6. Neighbor fights suck big time... I bought a 11 acre plot in NC near Ft. Bragg and a SF A team leader built a barn and a house right on my property line... it got nasty... glad I was transferred to Germany...

If that doesn't work start being over friendly and flinch a lot like you have a bug living in your ear... show off your gun collection and for no reason what so ever go out one evening around 2:00 AM and fire off a couple clips.

I have a noisy neighbor... damn everyone here is noisy... I built a quad fifty cal. out of water pipes with spark plugs, a hand cranked distributer and connected the mess to a gas welding rig... I put it on the roof once and a while and fire it off for no reason at all... I got the idea from a WWII fighter plane pilot that had restored a Mezerschmidt and used the configuration for the wing guns in air shows... the flash in the barrels has great affect...

I went to school with these folks in this county... so go figure how I remain free...
    Kelly L. Holleran
    Daily Mail staff

Tuesday May 29, 2007
    Eleven people were arrested in the Eskdale area after investigators responded to reports of a shooting and found a party in the road, where revelers had started to burn tires and trash and caught a power pole on fire, police said.
    The scene unfolded about 6:20 p.m. Monday. West Virginia State Police troopers were originally dispatched to the area about an assault with injury, according to West Virginia State Police Cpl. S.M. Petry.
    According to Petry, Eskdale resident David D. Cooper, 29, got into a fight with his girlfriend. She called David R. Cooper, David D. Cooper's father, to tell him what happened, Petry said.
    David R. Cooper and William Wilson drove to the David D. Cooper's location. The elder Cooper is accused of shooting at his son there, Petry said. Nobody was actually injured, the trooper said.
    David R. Cooper and Wilson drove away before police arrived at the scene, Petry said.
    When police got to David D. Cooper's house, they found a community party where partygoers were drinking beer in the road and burning trash and tires, said Cpl. L.G. O'Bryan, one of the officers at the scene.
    Officers asked the individuals at the party about the shooting, but no one claimed to know anything about it, O'Bryan said.
    After State Police troopers arrested David R. Cooper and Wilson, they went back to the house where the party was taking place, O'Bryan said.
    When police troopers arrived back on the scene, they saw a power pole that had caught on fire due to the partiers' burning of trash and tires, O'Bryan said.
    They had also lied to police about the shooting, O'Bryan said.
    All 11 people were arrested by West Virginia State Police and Kanawha County Sheriff's deputies. They are being held at South Central Regional Jail, O'Bryan said.
    David R. Cooper, the father, was charged with four counts of wanton endangerment and felony possession of a firearm.
    David D. Cooper, the son, was charged with second offense domestic battery.
    Wilson, 50, of Eskdale, was charged with felony conspiracy to wanton endangerment.
    Kimille Hardesty, 49; Jewell Guthrie, 41; Michael Armstrong, 48; Jerry Ingram, 37; Elaine Grounds, 21; David Pettry, 22; Lisa Thompson, 43; and Misty Cooper, 27, were charged with obstruction, public intoxication and illegal burning.

7. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

(this reminds me of my next door neighbor, Always starting his Fucking boat at 7am...and at 9pm, drives be fucking crazy)

Any way, tell him that if he really wants to continue being your friend then stop playing loud ass music and if he chooses to play loud music after that then call the cops

8. pro2A

Oh I make it WELL known I have guns in the house, particularly ones that would make a mess. It's part of the reason my neighbors across the road don't block the driveway anymore or come into my yard and argue with my other neighbors. One of the few who I actually get along with lives above me, that’s why I’m a little reluctant to start something…

9. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

Learn swordplay and practice in ur backyard....then politely ask him to quiet down one day during pratice and make sure ur holding the sword unthreateningly when you do so....he will focus on the sword despite the fact it is unthreatening, and be quiet from then on!

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

You could try to get another neighbor to call the cops during the times when you're sleeping, so when he comes down to see if you called the cops, all he'll find is a sleeping family.