• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Loud!!!! and so early!

shelgarr

Registered Member
My nearly 14 y/o son plays Halo Reach and Black Ops and just got Left For Dead 2. He's on XBox live and his favorite friend gets to play early. So 7am or 7:30am we hear him downstairs screaming his head off about some zombie killing him and needing his friend to come help him. It makes us crazy because he is SO loud. Good God....he hardly needs a headset. How do us parents get you XBox junkies to quiet down?!

Last edited:

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Lol, nerd raging?

Well, I don't have any positive advice for this one. I know I myself at that age was plenty guilty of it. I'd say just face him and ask what the matter is, if you keep bugging him he'll be less annoyed with the video game and probably learn to control his outbursts so you stop confronting him. I know when my dad would poke his head in my bedroom and go "What the hell's the matter?" it always made me find my cool.

Probably not the most sound advice, but who knows. Games are serious business.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Note* Not a Parent yet... but I am a Gamer.

How do you deal with the loudness...

Tritton Headsets;

What you have to ask yourself is... is the quiet worth $130 bucks? This headset is top of the line in Gaming Gear. Dual Channel Audio with separately adjustable Surround Sound and Microphone. So your little Gamer can hear the game playing and his friends through the same earphones and all you have to hear is him having fun. (what parent doesn't wanna hear their Kids having a blast right?)

You can purchase these Headsets either Online or in-store at your local Best Buy.

shelgarr

Registered Member
He has a headset and yells into it. Sometimes it's fun stuff and sometimes he's really pissed off. Almost all the time it's LOUD!!!

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh so its just him being loud that is being loud...

hmmm then you need to go to Home Depot... buy some of this stuff;

and line his walls with it :hah: you'll never hear another peep from him!

shelgarr

Registered Member
LOL!!!!!!! Tempting. Maybe some day they'll build a headset with a big sock wad that we can stuff in his mouth.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
One of the most annoying things ever is having to listen to high-pitched, screechy kids screech at their television and comment on absolutely everything that ever happened in their shrill, prepubescent little voices.

The good news is that we have a mute button on our end (which I use very enthusiastically! :nod:) The bad news is that there's no mute button on your end. Worse yet, you're disadvantaged, since (1) I get the impression you don't feel this is something that is worth disciplining over, and (2) There is no such thing as rational discourse or 'asking nicely' with 14 year-olds.

Thus, if I were in your position, what I think I would consider doing is taking a small room somewhere, preferably in the basement (which you may or may not have), and converting it into a quiet room. Glue one or two layers of egg cartons on the walls, door, and ceiling, throw your teenager in there, and he can scream and shout and bang on things, and the sound will never escape the room to reach your ears! Beyond that, I don't really know. :dunno:

shelgarr

Registered Member
Lol, nerd raging?

Well, I don't have any positive advice for this one. I know I myself at that age was plenty guilty of it. I'd say just face him and ask what the matter is, if you keep bugging him he'll be less annoyed with the video game and probably learn to control his outbursts so you stop confronting him. I know when my dad would poke his head in my bedroom and go "What the hell's the matter?" it always made me find my cool.

Probably not the most sound advice, but who knows. Games are serious business.

When we ask him he gets very mad at us. Just teaching him to respect us has had new meaning. Maybe my kid just has a worse temper than most. Medication might be next.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Oh so its just him being loud that is being loud...

hmmm then you need to go to Home Depot... buy some of this stuff;

and line his walls with it :hah: you'll never hear another peep from him!
Oh no, I've been SNIPED! :O

EDIT - It is actually pretty funny, though. :lol:
- Person 1 [11:28]: "My teenager is too loud! How do I fix it?"
- Person 2 [11:32]: "Sound proof room."
- Person 3 [11:32]: "I'd make a sound proof room."
- Person 4 [11:32]: "I'd probably insulate a room so no sound could get out."

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh no, I've been SNIPED! :O

EDIT - It is actually pretty funny, though. :lol:
- Person 1 [11:28]: "My teenager is too loud! How do I fix it?"
- Person 2 [11:32]: "Sound proof room."
- Person 3 [11:32]: "I'd make a sound proof room."
- Person 4 [11:32]: "I'd probably insulate a room so no sound could get out."

hahha GG!

I actually mention the sound proof room because as soon as I get a house.. I'm soundproofing the room I want to turn into my Man-Cave. Egg Crate Foam and Acoustical Tile... I could potentially murder an opera singer in that room and no one will hear!

Its gonna be awesome, one of those things where when you open the door you'll FEEL the noise wash over you :hah: