• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lotto card has Brits confused

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
A LOTTERY scratchcard has been withdrawn from sale by Camelot - because players couldn't understand it.

The Cool Cash game - launched on Monday - was taken out of shops yesterday after some players failed to grasp whether or not they had won.

To qualify for a prize, users had to scratch away a window to reveal a temperature lower than the figure displayed on each card. As the game had a winter theme, the temperature was usually below freezing.

But the concept of comparing negative numbers proved too difficult for some Camelot received dozens of complaints on the first day from players who could not understand how, for example, -5 is higher than -6.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1022757_cool_cash_card_confusion

Why did they take them away? Keep the damn cards, we can consider it an idiocy tax!

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Read about this a while ago. I lol'd pretty hard.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
And they said Americans are stupid...

My faith in humanity has been restored.

Malificus

Likes snow
Lol, negative numbers. It's like fractions for people who can't grasp left/right O:

Malificus

Likes snow
Americans 1, Brits 0
1. keeping tally isn't allowed

2. Could you have picked a worse quote to go on? Really? "And they say americans are stupid" does not constitute a winning retort for any American.the only way you could use it is if you are part of an unrelated third country, and are making a sarcastic remark wbout the original non-american country.

Like a canadian person looking at this article and saying something like "I thought Americans were the stupid ones" is a snide jab at the British. It's not a win for the Americans.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Haha. Owned! And I thought America was stupid and England was intellegent.

Hanzo_Hattori

For the Horde!
Haha. Owned! And I thought America was stupid and England was intellegent.

English................intelligent? ..........................................................AHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok well only a few of the English are smart like Pugs and some other guy I know

The way I see it ,I think it's like Japan>America>Europe>???