• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lottery winner on food stamps even after $1 million jackpot

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yahoo News...People love stories about someone winning the lottery and then giving the money away. They're less likely to feel fondly about Amanda Clayton, who won $1 million in the Michigan State Lottery but is still collecting food stamps. Read More Here
This woman has her nerve winning the lottery and still getting food stamps. She actually thought this was okay. I hope they fine her enough that she no longer has a million dollars then next time someone collecting food stamps or welfare wins some money they will get off public aid.

I don't mind people that really need it getting food stamps. I don't want to see kids going to bed hungry but this woman and people that abuse the system just makes me angry.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yep, I completely agree with you. It's for people that need help, not people that want to be lazy!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well, until they get that bill passed, it is completely legal for her to do so.

I'm kind of torn on it, actually. I know that it may be wrong for her to still use her food stamps, but she just paid more taxes than she will ever use in food stamps...so I can't fully condemn her, either. She is using the system when she doesn't need it, but she just contributed to that system as well.

I don't know. I personally wouldn't continue using food stamps.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Another example of somebody jerking the system. This shit pisses me off. At one point in my life when I was barely making ends meet, literally having a loaf of bread to last me 2 weeks, I get turned down from food stamps because they said my truck was worth to much or some bullshit like that. I hope they make this woman pay back what she used on her foodstamp card. People like her is the reason why this country is in the shithole right now.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The days of people being honorable and accepting government assistance ONLY when you truly need it is over. Sure there are still people like that but generally speaking, that overall mentality is over. We live in an "what can I get out of this" mentality has taken over.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
The days of people being honorable and accepting government assistance ONLY when you truly need it is over. Sure there are still people like that but generally speaking, that overall mentality is over. We live in an "what can I get out of this" mentality has taken over.

Yeah I agree. People have a much more selfish and individualistic mindset now. Honor and morality are taking a back seat to "it's ok because it's legal". :shake: