TV Lost: The Variable S5 E14 (100th episode)

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by AnitaKnapp, Apr 29, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Air date: 4/29/09

Synopsis:
    In the 100th episode milestone for the series, the time of reckoning has begun when Daniel Faraday comes clean regarding what he knows about the island.

---------------------------

I'm really excited to see this, and I think it will be a great episode since it's the 100th one. I don't think I will be able to watch it tonight due to class, but hopefully I can catch up on it quickly.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I was pretty disappointed by this episode. Seems totally ridiculous that Jack and Kate would sacrifice everything they have at Dharma to help Faraday find the "others."

3. AnitaKnapp

Do we know what happened to Faraday to begin with to make his memories faulty? I can't remember. It nearly broke my heart when his mom was trying to convince him to go and he said "Will it make you proud of me?"

And when Eloise and Widmore were arguing, he said, I sent my son too. Now is he actually talking about a different son, or is Daniel Faraday *gasp* Widmore's son? I am surprised that she would send her son back to die like that...knowing the chain of events. Could you imagine raising a child knowing that you had previously ended his life? Wow...talk about a mind fuck.
    ------
    I don't see that they were really risking anything, since they know that all of Dharma winds up dead in a ditch later.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  4. Major

And despite knowing that, they still saved Ben by giving him to the hostiles. How does that make any sense?

5. AnitaKnapp

That I can understand, because they had compassion for a child...but that woman sending in her own son, I could not fathom that.

6. Major

Compassion for a child who they know kills off the entire Dharma Initiative, including his own father? He ends up killing a lot of other people as well. They could have easily just let him die without actually killing him.

7. AnitaKnapp

I know it's one thing to say that, but if you were faced with a suffering child who has done no wrong yet...that was abused by his father...I dunno that I would be able to let him die either. Some people struggled with it, others didn't. Jack and Sayid both could have cared less and wanted him to die. It was Kate, Sawyer, and Juliet who took the steps to save his life. I see that as normal society stuff. Not everyone is going to agree.