TV Lost: The End - S6 E17 (series finale)

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Major, May 20, 2010.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for the finale before it airs so we can discuss what we think will happen and what unanswered questions we would like to have answered.

I would like these questions to be answered.

1. What is the light at the heart of the island?

2. Who built the statue, the temple, and all the other ancient Egyptian structures?

3. Where did Jacob's mother come from?

4. How did Jacob travel to and from the island?

5. What's the deal with Jacob's cabin and the ring of ash that surrounded it? The ashes have been used several times since then. Where did they come from?

6. Why is the island submerged under water in the flash sideways timeline?

idisrsly likes this.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

1. My theory is that it's the source of life. If it's destroyed, then everyone dies. Not logical, but hey, it was the only thing I could think of.

3. That's what I want to know...but I have a feeling that she came to be there just like everyone else did, accidentally...and the protection thing was passed on to her.

6. What did I miss? The island is submerged? I didn't know that.

-----------

7. Why can't old smokey leave? Why does he have to be there? He's a danger to the light...so why can't he leave the island? Wouldn't it be safer without him there?

8. How exactly did psycho mom make it to where they couldn't hurt each other?

9. What is this incantation thing said over a cup of water that somehow magically makes someone live longer, and protector of the light?

3. Major

Very beginning of the first episode of this season. It showed the island under the water, and then showed Oceanic 815 flying over it in the flash sideways timeline.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Doesn't work since in the 'sideverse' the island is destroyed yet they still live on. I just wonder what is it that turns a person into a monster, you know? I mean, if it's so important to protect but has such horrible side effects when experienced, what could it be?

I think that's the likely outcome but I wouldn't be surprised if she had been there for some time.

Unless it turns out he's as evil as everyone claims he is. Then the light may be the only thing keeping him there and without a 'Jacob' he can find the light (is my guess).

More than that, I want to know why smokey had to be 'reborn' so to say through John Locke to do it. If he just has to influence people, why couldn't he have . . . wait. Okay, I had a thought while typing. I just remembered that Jacob's brother's body was found after the smoke monster appeared. Maybe the smoke monster isn't Jacob's brother but his essence? And since his body was separated from this 'essence', it needed another body to inhabit. Of course, we saw Jack's dad earlier in the show and smokey claims it was him so maybe he found Jack's dad's body (which was on the plane, right?) but then when Locke's body arrived, he had a much better host. Someone whose identity he could abuse, you know? Then of course, someone knew that bringing John's body back would need to happen but is that person . . on smokey's side?

/ramble.

I think the one question enough people aren't asking is who did Juliet shoot during the time jump? Ten bucks says it's a main character.

5. Major

Which episode was that in? I have a hard time remembering everything that's happened.

6. Major

All I have to say about the finale is this...

FRANK IS ALIVE!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!
    Actually I thought that was kind of lame, but whatever.

As for my real thoughts, wow, I need some time to digest everything.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I felt for the characters, but there's sooooooo much major shit left unanswered like what the fuck was the point of the goddamn island?

8. AnitaKnapp

Referring to an earlier post...

No, I don't think smokey inhabited a body, per se. He had been masquerading around as Locke before they revealed that Locke's body had been on the plane the whole time. He didn't need a body at all.

--------

As to the finale...it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I liked it.

I love that they fit purgatory in, after all the purgatory theories. LOL

9. Major

My only complaint is that they didn't really explain anything. How is the light at the heart of the island connected to the rest of the world? How did the first people find the island? What is the meaning behind all of the Egyptian symbols and monuments?

Hurley and Ben? That was kind of random.

10. AnitaKnapp

Yeah. So basically, they didn't answer anything, really. Well, nothing of importance.