TV LOST: S6 E7 Dr. Linus

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
My first thought here when I'm watching this...is that Miles said that he couldn't communicate with the dead...that he could only get an impression from them.

Am I completely mistaken here, or were we previously lead to believe that he could communicate with them? I remember him being at someone's house, and seemingly asking a spirit where he hid the money. I thought he found a body as a child because a spirit lead him to it. I'm just a little bit confused there.

It's kind of weird how everyone ties together still. Especially since Danielle was from Europe, and yet Alex still managed to be taught in Linus' school...where Arzt (I can't remember how to spell his name) and Locke happen to be as well.

Also, when Richard and Jack were standing there waiting to see if the dynamite would ignite? I kept hoping it would fire back up and kill them both...even though I like Richard. I think I would have laughed.

I have never identified with Linus at all. I have always disliked him and his character, but I actually felt for him this episode (island Linus, that is). I was surprised by that quite a bit.

Also, at the very end of the episode, Miles picks up what looks like a diamond. Is that significant? Anyone know where he got that from? Makes me think he's been talking to those 2 mistakes of characters...Nikki and Paulo.

I don't even know what to say about Widmore in the submarine.

And sorry if how this is worded seems random. I'm usually at a loss when I am done watching an episode on what to say, so I sort of typed this up as I watched and had thoughts about it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
In this episode Miles said he doesn't communicate with the dead, he only sees how they die and what their last thoughts were, or something like that. I would have to rewatch the other episodes to make sure, but I remember him giving the woman her money back at the house where he found the money because he said he couldn't communicate with her son. I'll look this up on Lostpedia.

It is strange how everyone's lives are still intertwined in the "flash-sideways." Same thing last week with Jin meeting Sayid.

I've never liked Ben either, but I did think he was a good character. Now I think he's kind of pathetic. I don't like how he's changed from an evil mastermind to a confused idiot who nobody listens to anymore. He was always so confident before. Now he's scared.

Miles obviously dug up the diamonds from Nikki and Paolo's grave. I do not miss those characters.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Miles obviously dug up the diamonds from Nikki and Paolo's grave. I do not miss those characters.
I guess it's possible that he knew it from their last thoughts...

but I still could have sworn that in one of the flashbacks he asked a dead person where they stashed the money.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Miles Straume - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia

Lostpedia said:
Miles was visiting the house of a woman named Mrs. Gardner in Inglewood, California. Her grandson had been murdered and she wanted his spirit exorcised from her house. Miles agreed to talk to the spirit for a fee, and after he was paid $200 in advance, he entered the boy's former bedroom. There, using a ghostbuster device, he appeared to talk to the spirit, and through it located a stash of money and drugs which the boy had hidden in his room. He took the money and left the drugs. He then went back to Mrs. Gardner, and refunded her $100.
Lostpedia said:
Just before leaving for the Kahana, Miles revisited Howard Gray and returned his money. Miles revealed that he had lied to Gray; he had been unable to make contact with Gray's son.
I'm really not sure how he was able to find the money in the boy's room if he wasn't communicating with the spirit. He was obviously unable to communicate with the other guy's son.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Miles Straume - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia

I'm really not sure how he was able to find the money in the boy's room if he wasn't communicating with the spirit. He was obviously unable to communicate with the other guy's son.
Thanks for that.

The only plausible thing I can think of is that the boy was thinking of it when he died, or had just stashed it. Still weird that Miles talked out loud to him in that situation though. He wouldn't be pretending to talk to a spirit and ask that sort of question, since he wanted the loot.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well if you read the S4 E2 episode guide, it says Miles asked the spirit where the money was hidden and then there was a noise inside the wall where the money was. *shrug*