Lost My Cell Phone + 100 Numbers

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I lost my cell phone today for the first time ever. I had 100 numbers in it, many of which I can't get back easily or at all.

This is a sad day. I retraced my steps (and driving) three times. I drove around and around but no cigar. I called it, but no answer. Just got to listen to myself greeting me as if nothing was wrong. Maybe it will turn up but I'm not putting much stock in that.

RIP Hybrix's cell phone. 2003-2008.

:shake:

At least a cell phone is replaceable. I had to tell myself that all day long and I decided to just roll with it. :-/

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
While the phone itself can easily be replaced, if I lose it I'd be more sad about missing the data (numbers, notes, msgs and pictures) stored in it. I think that's the downside of making phones to be more than just a a simple tool for making/receiving calls.

I hope you get back your phone Hybrix. Try to send yourself a text message with instructions. Hopefully if someone picks it up (while the battery has not died), the person will return it to you following your note.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It doesn't help that I am a text messaging scrooge. I had text messaging disabled in 2006. :(

I do have a "Home" number in there though so maybe somebody will find it and do me a favor and call.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It doesn't help that I am a text messaging scrooge. I had text messaging disabled in 2006. :(

I do have a "Home" number in there though so maybe somebody will find it and do me a favor and call.
Ooops.

Home number it is then. Which reminds me of the advice I was once given about listing numbers in the cell phone. Names like "home" or relationship labels "sis", "dad" are better than actual names when the mobile phone gets lost. The ones who find it will most likely call these names than say having to choose from a hundred phone numbers of people whose relation to the person who lost the phone is unknown.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
Ooops.

Home number it is then. Which reminds me of the advice I was once given about listing numbers in the cell phone. Names like "home" or relationship labels "sis", "dad" are better than actual names when the mobile phone gets lost. The ones who find it will most likely call these names than say having to choose from a hundred phone numbers of people whose relation to the person who lost the phone is unknown.
sure, if it gets into the hands of an honest person. honestly, how many of those do you know?

that can also be very dangerous; if you've got names like that and your phone gets stolen, whoever's got it can text message your closest relatives to "get reminders" on things like your PIN number, etc. ...so I guess the best thing is to hold onto the phone :-/

Keep calling it and you may get an answer from a decent human being.

I was listening to a story yesterday on TV when a girl lost her cell phone, called, got an answer from somebody saying "I'll give it back to you for $150" and guess what, she gave the person $150 for her OWN PHONE! That is crazy... People suck these days.

I hope you find it, Hybrix. Good luck. :eek:

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I lost my phone earlier this year. I actually lost it on a freeway. We had a bad winter storm and I called my manager to let him know I was going to be late. I had my phone on my lap and I pulled over on the freeway to get rid of the snow on the windshield wipers. When I got out of the car, the phone fell out as I was getting out and I didn't hear it hit the ground. I ended up being at work for 4 hours. I reached in my pockets for my phone and it was not there. Then I realized that it was on the freeway somewhere. No sense in going back to that spot on the freeway because the phone was already destroyed by the salt trucks.