• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies LOST Episode Lost by accident

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oops! When returning from an 8 day filming of a recent LOST episode, the airport security failed to follow instructions "DO NOT X-RAY" on a canister containing the footage from some of the newly filmed scenes.

Crucial 'Lost' scenes erased by airport security - TV News - Life Style Extra

The film was destroyed by the X-Ray machine and will now have to be re-shot.

Ooops. With school papers, it seems they always turn out better the second time (after being deleted by accident), but I wonder if this is true with TV shows. Hopefully they didn't destroy or burn anything important because LOST has been known to do things like this. Back to the drawing board I guess. Hopefully they at least kept their storyboards. :)

randomthoughts1

I can only imagine how irratated the cast and crew are! What a major setback, I wonder if any lawsuits will be brought against the airport? As you said though, they may end up with a better episode than what they planned on! Thanks for sharing this interesting piece of info!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Blame it on global warming!

Seriously, it was just a mistake. Or someone being funny. It's a shame all of that hard work has been lost, though.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'm sure they have moved on since then. As far as I know the show is still on every week. I wonder if they had to miss a week to refilm?