Losing weight WITHOUT going to the gym

redsoxocd

living on the border
Okay so I'm on a mission to lose about 20 lbs by my 18th birthday. The only problem is, is that my doctor has placed me on exercise restriction and I dont know when he's going to lift it.

I already know that I can eat healthily. What are other ways that I can get to my goal weight without going against my doctor's orders?

Jeru

Registered Member
You could wear more clothing and sweat it off
Or some ex-lax, or whatever that stuff is that makes you do business
Eat just vegetables and fruits and stay away from breads
and if you live where its cold open a window at night, if you are cold then your body is fighting to keep you warm and you will lose weight.

This is what we did for wrestling

redsoxocd

living on the border
You could wear more clothing and sweat it off
Or some ex-lax, or whatever that stuff is that makes you do business
Eat just vegetables and fruits and stay away from breads
and if you live where its cold open a window at night, if you are cold then your body is fighting to keep you warm and you will lose weight.

This is what we did for wrestling

I'll try everything but the ex-lax. Using ex-lax will get me sent back into treatment

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The trick is just to make sure that your food intake reflects your activity level; it's funny that so many people shrug it off as archaic these days, but calorie counting is still probably the single best way to manage food/activity ratio.

NutritionData.com <-- I like this website
Calories Burned Calculator <-- More specifically, this is a useful tool that gives you a ballpark daily caloric estimate

But I think overall:

Twitch said:
Why not just go walking?
That's probably the best suggestion.

Stay true to your eating plan.
I'm going to get flak for this but ask your doctor whether he has advice for you on how to get the most out of a diet.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What type of exercise have you been restricted from and for what reason? For example, lifting isn't aerobic and even a small amount of lifting each day will make your body burn calories all day to recover, but your heart rate won't go up a ton if you keep the session times down.

redsoxocd

living on the border
What type of exercise have you been restricted from and for what reason? For example, lifting isn't aerobic and even a small amount of lifting each day will make your body burn calories all day to recover, but your heart rate won't go up a ton if you keep the session times down.

Cardio and weight machines. I was placed on exercise restriction becaise I had ONE mess up in my ED recovery.:sick:

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
during university months, i rarely go to the gym because i don't have time.
but walking is the best thing i can do during those months. walking is healthy anytime and it's a good way to lose weight.
plus, as already been said, eat healthy.
you gotta walk at least 30 minutes a day.