• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Loooking to Connect Multiple Pc's

member357

I am getting really busy with alot of work,

So I am planning on setting up three seperate pc's on my work station.

Three, monitors, cpus and such,

I have a cable modem,

What I need to know, is what I need to buy to connect all three computers to the modem, and then to each other,

Note: this will all be coreded connections not wireless,

I know I will need a router for starters, but what else am I going to need and can you recommend brands of products and such.

Thanx in advance!

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Well you would need the router and 4 Network connections. One to connect the router to the modem and 3 more to connect each computer to the router. That should be all you need, as long as the computers each have a network connection.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The easiest way would be to get a small router for about $100. I have a Linksys that hsa four ethernet ports, and a separate one for internet that is shared between the four ethernet ports. I have a laptop, a desktop, and my X-Box all wired into it. You don't need to spend more than $120 to network them together.

Julie

Registered Member
I use Linksys here as well & have had no problems & definitely no complaints. They're priced very well too.

Albey

Registered Member
Make sure to get the linksys wrt54g v 4. its got a nice safe firmware and stays connected all the time. its about 60.00 .. there is also a site to up the decible gain (db) of the antennas, if you upgrade the firmware. it will boost the wattage from 22 to 260 for 20.00 a year. (good deal for wireless freaks)

aniket_phatak

I am getting really busy with alot of work,

So I am planning on setting up three seperate pc's on my work station.

Three, monitors, cpus and such,

I have a cable modem,

What I need to know, is what I need to buy to connect all three computers to the modem, and then to each other,

Note: this will all be coreded connections not wireless,

I know I will need a router for starters, but what else am I going to need and can you recommend brands of products and such.

Thanx in advance!
First decide purpose of connecting three pc's in network.whether you are going to share resources or else you are going to use any software on that or you just want net connection on each of them.
Basically you will need 8 port swith you can surely go for Dlink.then you will need patch cords to connect all three pc's.

Regards
Aniket Phatak.