Looks or personality?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Bliss, May 8, 2008.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Which is more important to you and why?

Personality to me. I like what is inside a person and couldn't care less how they looked. I never judge a book by its cover and find it shallow when others do.

I like someone that can make me laugh and be there when I need a shoulder to cry on.

Dragon and viLky like this.

2. SiroV

SiroV Registered Member

I totally forgot how awesome I am.

Personality > Looks...comes 2nd place for me. But if you are buttugly then sorry, you better be Mother Teresa (not you Miss)

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Once upon a time, when I was very shallow..it was looks.

Now that I've grown up a bit...personality comes first.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Definitely personality over looks. I don't care how hot a girl is, if she's annoying to be with then forget it.

5. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Isn't it possible to cry on a cute shoulder?
    Healthy medium? They are both important to me. Probably makes me shallow, but there has to be a physical attraction or I'll eventually wander my interest. And there has to be personal compatibility or else things will get ugly fast. 4-6 foot pool maybe. I'm more likely to take a chance of approaching a stranger if I'm physically attracted. Takes time to find out what someone is really like on the inside. Of course I'd put more value on a great personality in the long run. Beauty fades, you can grow old with a friend there is no denying that. But I enjoy the individual beauty of a women and have to admit it can factor in heavily depending on how attracted I am.
    To directly answer the question: Personality.
    I just like to believe that there are enough people in the world that it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Major likes this.
  6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It is possible to cry on a cute shoulder. I was just explaining what I look for in a person, and that looks is at the bottom.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I can tell you that I have passed up opportunites to go out with girls with great looks, but they were as shallow as a shower. I have also obstained from going out with some girls that I am friends with, but lack in the looks department.

I will say I look at looks intially but personality is more important in the long run...

I just confused myself with what I want in a girl based on writing down my answer to this question. At least based on my past actions...

8. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I don't think this is shallow at all and I feel the same way. I take care of myself and try to make myself attractive for my spouse (we'll not counting today, he's just lucky I'm not wearing pajamas still), and I expect the same from him. One thing I've noticed though, is the closer I grow to my husband through personality and love, the hotter he gets.

9. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Since you put it that way, I'd say for me overall it's 70% personality/40% looks.
    Doesn't that add up to 110%, yes!

What can I say, I've got a sweet tooth for cuties and dimes.
    ------
    I'm pretty sure your husband still thinks your hot in your Pj's ;)

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Personality definitely outweighs the looks. But honestly, even if you have the greatest personality but your face is so terrible that I'd most likely scream each time I wake up and see you first thing in the morning...it's not going to work for us.

viLky likes this.