Looks or personality?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Which is more important to you and why?

Personality to me. I like what is inside a person and couldn't care less how they looked. I never judge a book by its cover and find it shallow when others do.

I like someone that can make me laugh and be there when I need a shoulder to cry on.

SiroV

Registered Member
I totally forgot how awesome I am.

Personality > Looks...comes 2nd place for me. But if you are buttugly then sorry, you better be Mother Teresa (not you Miss)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Definitely personality over looks. I don't care how hot a girl is, if she's annoying to be with then forget it.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Isn't it possible to cry on a cute shoulder?
Healthy medium? They are both important to me. Probably makes me shallow, but there has to be a physical attraction or I'll eventually wander my interest. And there has to be personal compatibility or else things will get ugly fast. 4-6 foot pool maybe. I'm more likely to take a chance of approaching a stranger if I'm physically attracted. Takes time to find out what someone is really like on the inside. Of course I'd put more value on a great personality in the long run. Beauty fades, you can grow old with a friend there is no denying that. But I enjoy the individual beauty of a women and have to admit it can factor in heavily depending on how attracted I am.
To directly answer the question: Personality.
I just like to believe that there are enough people in the world that it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It is possible to cry on a cute shoulder. I was just explaining what I look for in a person, and that looks is at the bottom.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I can tell you that I have passed up opportunites to go out with girls with great looks, but they were as shallow as a shower. I have also obstained from going out with some girls that I am friends with, but lack in the looks department.

I will say I look at looks intially but personality is more important in the long run...

I just confused myself with what I want in a girl based on writing down my answer to this question. At least based on my past actions...

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Isn't it possible to cry on a cute shoulder?
Healthy medium? They are both important to me. Probably makes me shallow, but there has to be a physical attraction or I'll eventually wander my interest. And there has to be personal compatibility or else things will get ugly fast. 4-6 foot pool maybe. I'm more likely to take a chance of approaching a stranger if I'm physically attracted. Takes time to find out what someone is really like on the inside. Of course I'd put more value on a great personality in the long run. Beauty fades, you can grow old with a friend there is no denying that. But I enjoy the individual beauty of a women and have to admit it can factor in heavily depending on how attracted I am.
To directly answer the question: Personality.
I just like to believe that there are enough people in the world that it doesn't have to be all or nothing.
I don't think this is shallow at all and I feel the same way. I take care of myself and try to make myself attractive for my spouse (we'll not counting today, he's just lucky I'm not wearing pajamas still), and I expect the same from him. One thing I've noticed though, is the closer I grow to my husband through personality and love, the hotter he gets.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
It is possible to cry on a cute shoulder. I was just explaining what I look for in a person, and that looks is at the bottom.
Since you put it that way, I'd say for me overall it's 70% personality/40% looks.
Doesn't that add up to 110%, yes!

What can I say, I've got a sweet tooth for cuties and dimes.
------
I don't think this is shallow at all and I feel the same way. I take care of myself and try to make myself attractive for my spouse (we'll not counting today, he's just lucky I'm not wearing pajamas still), and I expect the same from him. One thing I've noticed though, is the closer I grow to my husband through personality and love, the hotter he gets.
I'm pretty sure your husband still thinks your hot in your Pj's ;)

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Personality definitely outweighs the looks. But honestly, even if you have the greatest personality but your face is so terrible that I'd most likely scream each time I wake up and see you first thing in the morning...it's not going to work for us.