• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Looks lovely, but tastes like Crap

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
There's a lot of food out there that is very attractive. You look at it and think, that's one beautiful plate of snap...
However, you dig in and it's revolting... you'd be better eatin' your own arm.

This is more applicable to your own personal tastes, but what food looks real fancy and nice but once eaten is soon labelled atrocious and should not even be fed to pigs?

I think a lot of soup hits this category, such as these:

Lentil Soup

Carrot and Coriander Soup

And of course this is a big culprit for me - the dreaded -
Carbonara (with whichever type of pasta) - I bloody hate Carbonara...

Konshentz

Konshentz
That's a tough one. I'm not sure there's anything that looks good, that turns out to be awful. The main things I hate are anything involving lima beans or Brussels sprouts. They don't look gross until you pop them into your mouth.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
That is a tough one for me also. I don't like Brussels Sprouts either!
A lot of spicy foods can look absolutely amazing to me until I try it. Then I hate it, I don't care a lot of a lot o
f spicy foods.

Reactions: Doc

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'd have to say fresh tomatoes. They look juicy, but they just taste so disgusting. I like tomato sauce and tomato related food, but the actual tomato can gtfo.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some of the food you buy at the grocery store deli is that way. Like the potato salad or baked beans it looks good but doesn't taste that great. They skimped on ingredients too much.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I've experienced stuff like that, mainly in the bakery department when I judge the cakes and desserts by the way they're decorated. Once I take a bite out of one of them, I realize that they're a bit too sweet.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've experienced stuff like that, mainly in the bakery department when I judge the cakes and desserts by the way they're decorated. Once I take a bite out of one of them, I realize that they're a bit too sweet.
^This, but specifically when it's something that has marzipan in it. I can't stand the taste of marzipan. Ew