• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Looks like an NHL team is coming to Las Vegas

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Oh I don't care what they do... but a team in Quebec means money. More money than a gamble on Vegas. They'd sell out a ticket drive within minutes and have a waiting list larger that some teams have actual season ticket holders. They will get a team - I can assure you of that. The NHL has a good relationship with Quebecor already with TVA. Quebecor is perfectly aligned to get the first expansion team or relocation unless Seattle can make an arena in 4 weeks lol

Imagine - if you will - an outdoor series between Quebec vs Montreal. One outdoor game in Montreal, the other in Quebec. *drools*
I don't know if that would be feasible, unless the NHL has no particular attendance standards for their outdoor games. But I guess they could hold the Heritage Classic at McGill Stadium in Montreal and at the Laval University's PEPS in Quebec City. But either way, given the history between both franchises, it would be INSANE.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I don't know if that would be feasible, unless the NHL has no particular attendance standards for their outdoor games. But I guess they could hold the Heritage Classic at McGill Stadium in Montreal and at the Laval University's PEPS in Quebec City. But either way, given the history between both franchises, it would be INSANE.
There's one thing that trumps attendance numbers in Canada - they are willing to pay top dollar to see hockey. They could easily turn 20-30k attendance in an outdoor game have the same dollar impact as a 45-55k USA game. Well minus how shitty the dollar is worth lol