• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Looked in FAQ re signatures

shelgarr

Registered Member
I only want to put some formatted text and a smilie or so as a sig. But I don't see a blank box to write in; only a URL and "browse for pic" options. Help.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What do you see when you scroll above the the URL or Browse for pic spaces? There should be a large, open field in which you can write words for your signature and/or pick smilies to use.

I should also note that from what I know, you can't have a sig picture that you've uploaded or picked from a URL and smilies in your text.

Let me know how it goes! Hope that this helped, Shel.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Sorry, pretty sure you need to be a Premium member (500 posts) or VIP to have text in your signature.

(@Unity: It was changed a while back because noobs kept putting links in their sigs)

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sorry, pretty sure you need to be a Premium member (500 posts) or VIP to have text in your signature.

(@Unity: It was changed a while back because noobs kept putting links in their sigs)
Thanks for clearing that up, Bex. How long ago is a while back? I'm trying hard to remember what it was like when I joined in 2008, but to no avail.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Shel, I can't remember how experienced you are with forums in general, but I'd advise the following until you hit 500 posts:

What I usually do...

Both with Google Image Search: (images.google.com)

(1) search for a picture or word you like with the word "sig"

(2) Just do an image search for pictures/words you'd like to use.

With either, once selecting a picture just click "full-sized" image on the right side of the page. Copy and paste that URL into the area you had described to me, and save it. If the size of the image is correct, you'll be fine I think.

An image is fun to have in your signature, and you may find one with a phrase that you like.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, Rebeccaaa, but images are fine right off the bat, aren't they?)

shelgarr

Registered Member
Thanks to you both for the info. Yes, I've already tried a pic and then aborted it so I do believe it's allowed. Maybe for now I'll settle for and change it later to text. Thanks again.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I noticed a new person was able to put text in their signature. What gives?! I have no flexibility or options in my signature feature. Argh.

There's other features (such as friendship and visitor pictures that do not show up in MyGF) that don't seem to be working either.

Has it been determined that this is related to browsers?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I noticed a new person was able to put text in their signature. What gives?! I have no flexibility or options in my signature feature. Argh.
Where/who?

There's other features (such as friendship and visitor pictures that do not show up in MyGF) that don't seem to be working either.

Has it been determined that this is related to browsers?
You'll have to bear with the glitches for now, sorry. Hybrix will be back to hopefully make everything better once his hugely time consuming project is out of the way.