• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Look!

Stargun007

Registered Member
Oh, bah. Images aren't allowed in signatures, so I can't show you all my ultra-cool signature. Delete this thread.

Registered Member
SG, you can BUY one though!

Registered Member
Holy hellfire

I am on my way to at least getting a custom avi, only like 500 bucks away

starfx6464

Awesome
Bah, high prices, shmigh prices. I'm glad it's "expensive" to get an image sig to compensate for the "expensive" hit it taxes on my computer when everyone and their grandmother has on that is about 3 times the size it should be along with an avatar that is actually the size of a 1024x768 desktop that's just shrunk down thanks to the HTML code (which, contrary to popular belief, does not change how large the image is in terms of loading). My computer cries... nay!... goes into a dead coma when it comes accross pages like that. It would sit on the brink of death, waiting for the push of Java/Javascript to push it right into its solemn demise. That makes kittens cry. You don't want to make kittens cry, do you SG?

Think of the kittens!

Pianobone

Registered Member
I agree here. I've been to too many boards where people have signature files that are honestly a quarter-page in length. No-one needs to see that crap. I mean, even having a little signature text like we have here is pushing it. What's the point of putting up that stuff anyway? It's just extra filler, and nobody cares, except for the shmuck who put it there in the first place.

Pianobone

Registered Member
No, Samus- I wouldn't want to see your signature. It looks cool, yes- but I get sick of boards where people put up huge signatures and it takes 5 minutes to load the page. Bear in mind that I'm using a cable modem, too.

I mean, there are other ways to get your work out there- one of which is a thread on graphic work, or something related. My point is this: I come here to read what you guys post, not to stare at your avatars or signatures.