Look out, giant turtle lives!

Or something like that.

CLEVELAND - Researchers from the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo have discovered a rare giant turtle in northern Vietnam — a find that carries great scientific and cultural significance. Swinhoe's soft-shell turtle was previously thought to be extinct in the wild. Three other turtles of the species are in captivity, said experts from the Zoo's Asian turtle program.

The discovery represents hope for the species, said Doug Hendrie, the Vietnam-based coordinator of the zoo program.

Turtle expert Peter Pritchard, president of the Chelonian Research Institute, confirmed the find based on a photo Hendrie showed him.

Researchers find rare giant turtle - Science - MSNBC.com
When I first clicked on the link I thought somebody stepped on it. I'm glad to see that there are animals out there that aren't completely wiped out.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I wasn't actually expecting this to be about a real giant turtle, it's still nice to know that it isn't extinct though.

It sort of makes you wonder if ALL dinosaurs went extinct. you never know.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I wasn't actually expecting this to be about a real giant turtle, it's still nice to know that it isn't extinct though.

It sort of makes you wonder if ALL dinosaurs went extinct. you never know.
I bet only the lame little dinosaurs are left. The ones we're accustomed to seeing are long gone.