• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Longhorns getting their own TV network

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
University of Texas, ESPN join forces on Longhorn network - ESPN

This is why I don't like Texas. They think they're better than everyone else in the Big 12 and deserve their own TV network. They already get a higher percentage of revenue from the conference than the other teams do. Most other conferences share revenue equally between universities. It's a big reason why Nebraska left for the Big Ten.

BigBob

Registered Member
Don't they have a Big 12 Network like we have a Big 10 Network, or are we just lucky like that? I seen this earlier today, I don't think it's a huge deal but as you did state, it points out how money hungry they are and want all the attention brought to themselves.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I know there's an SEC Network and ACC Network, and the Big 12 might have something as well, but I don't think any of them are like what the Big Ten Network is. I think they're more like ESPN+ type things, or how Jefferson Pilot Sports used to show extra SEC games.

If the Big 12 ever breaks up completely, I'm positive it'll be because the other schools are sick of Texas controlling everything.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Ugh. Horrible idea. I don't like this one bit. Does not sound good for the Big 12 at all.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
There isn't a network for the Big 12 and fuck, this is exactly the reason the Big 12 is going to fail and eventually those teams are all going to want to go elsewhere.

Texas thinks they are top shit...this news annoys me.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
There isn't a network for the Big 12 and fuck, this is exactly the reason the Big 12 is going to fail and eventually those teams are all going to want to go elsewhere.

Texas thinks they are top shit...this news annoys me.
I hate to say this... I hate to say that I would rather have Oklahoma have their own channel... ugh...