• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Longest you've gone without alcohol?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Due to my recent craving of alcohol, I decided to make this thread.

I haven't had a sip of alcohol since I got my car licence and it's been around 5 months since the last sip.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I've gone years without drinking at one point when I was dating an ex because he didn't drink. Didn't bother me one bit.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I generally only have one drink or two drinks every 1 or so years. I don't like drinking and avoid it most of the time. So the longest time is... most of my life.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
Same as Cru. I never really developed a taste for alcohol. I'm much more into non alcoholic beverages like ginger beer or iced tea. Rock and roll! :D

BigBob

Registered Member
It depends, really.. usually, it's months.. but than it can be every couple of weeks. Sometimes I just go to the bar to shoot pool and don't have a single drink.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Probably ten days, that's what I can remember. Yes, some people will think that's not a lot. But, I enjoy the taste of beer, and some times after work I enjoy having a cold beer and relaxing. I don't always drink to get drunk some times I'll have one or two.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Probably about 6 months, maybe longer. I'll have a beer every now and then or will enjoy some Gentleman Jack from time to time, but I can go stretches of monthe without drinking anything.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like to have a glass of red wine sometimes but I'm not that crazy about hard liquor or beer so I rarely drink it. I have went years without drinking any alcohol but there are times I will drink 8 oz of red wine every night.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Probably nearly 20 years !!!!!! I went dry with my husband when he went into alcoholism recovery. Now, many years later beginning about 3 years ago, I am back to having the occasional beer or margarita.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I've gone a month and a half without alcohol because I decided I needed a beer brake so I just stopped until I decided that I want a beer so a month and a half later i had a beer after a looong day at work.