Longest RS

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by EllyDicious, Nov 2, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

What was your longest relationship until now?
    How did you deal with the break-up?
    What was the reason of the break-up?(if you don't mind sharing)

2. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

Like 6 months :lol: but we were kinda dating for like 1.5 years we just waited awhile to make it official

I hate this break up it is really one of the toughest things i ever went through and i know i am young but i dont have any family so it was to have someone to talk to about more serious type things...it kills me everytime i think about it...i will probably end up like one of those people that never move on :shake:

Because i am going away and she didnt think she would be able to handle it, and i dont blame her...but now i feel like i lost a friend i could really use the support right now

3. EllyDicious

c'mon don't say this. you're too young, you've got life ahead you and when you grow older, you'll laugh at what you just said! :)
    she moved on, so she doesn't belong to you. be happy about it! it means you've got chances to meet someone new and maybe 100 times better!.

Jeru likes this.
  4. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

yea you are right i am just being dumb :lol:

i think you should answer your own question :cool:

5. EllyDicious

if i could, i would.
    i've never been in a relationship(no matter how weird it sounds). though i'm turning 22 this month, it just hasn't happened to find someone to click on.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  6. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

Well i wouldnt mind being you
    i felt bad mine was only 6 months

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

9 years
    Very well, actually.
    We were more friends/roommates than partners/lovers. It just went on for way longer than it should have.

8. EllyDicious

aw wow! sometimes it's not the years that count, it's the intensity you live the relationship with.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Straight through I think 7 or 8 months but we dated on and off for around two years total I think it was. Something around there.

Not good...it ended very ugly. I dont think I've ever been that mad at someone before in my life. She just ended up being a pretty terrible person. Not the person I knew when it first started...that's for sure.

I dont get into hard details but it involved her being a liar, a drama queen and just an idiot. I dont ever yell at people...she was an exception.

10. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I have had 2 very significant relationships.
    The first lasted just over six years and we were engaged for the last 18 months of that.
    It ended when I found out she was cheating on me with a guy she worked with.

I handled it very badly and went on a six month campaign of heavy drinking and fighting anybody that wanted to trade blows, including the guy she was seeing and a couple of his friends, looking back at it now it was a stupid thing to do.

The second was with the mother of my kids, we were together just over 7 years.

She cheated on me, but there were problems within the relationship that I had not seen, we had been taking each other for granted and communication had became us talking about the kids more than anything else, looking back at the break up now I realise the relationship had died long before she started seeing someone else.

I fell to pieces for a while, started on a whole new chapter of drinking myself stupid and than thought better of it because of the kids, we are now the best of friends and still live together because of the kids, but we both have lives of our own now.