• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Long Layover in Los Angeles

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yo thats right... I swore I never wanted to set foot in the city of Angels... but it looks as thought I dont have a choice now!

Kim and I will be flying from Fresno Air Terminal to Los Angeles on May 24th. We leave FAT at 5am... and our plane from LA to Denver doesnt take off until 6:44pm.

So what is there to do while you're on a layover?

Mind you this will be my first time in an Airplane. So I'm really excited about the whole thing!

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I was stuck at LAX once for about 3 hours. I slept most of the time. There are restaurants in the airport and magazine shops. If I remember correctly I bought a Sports Illustrated and read it before taking a nap.

You're there practically all day though. Maybe you could hit up a bar or a restaurant...or both.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Oh I'm an expert on long layovers haha. How long is long? what time do you get to LAX?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its no more than an Hour long Flight from Fresno to LA. (hell its only a 3 hour drive :hah:)

From what I gather I'll be there roughly 6am - 5pm (assuming prep time 'cause we leave at 6:44pm)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
LAX is decent airport for me because lots of restaurants and bars to hang out (assuming they're open that early). You could attempt a day trip to downtown LA. There are shuttles you can take from the airport to downtown, just make sure you got enough time allotted for return coz you don't want to fail and miss your flight. At least you don't have to walk around with your checked bags because they'll remain at the airport until your final destination.

Another idea is to contact Tucker and ask him to pick you up and show you around or have a long lunch and go back early afternoon. :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never been to LA, so unfortunately I can't help you there. What are you doing in Denver?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've never been to LA, so unfortunately I can't help you there. What are you doing in Denver?
another 3 hour layover.

I know... this trip is friggin hilarious because every layover I have has known GF'ers.

LA - 7 hours
Denver - 4 hours
Dallas - 5 hours
Florida (final Destination)

Fly back...

St. Louis - 2 hours
Kansas - (minor destination)
Denver - 3 hours
San Francisco - (Completion of Trip)

The Flight is for Kim and I's honeymoon. We'll be going to Orlando, Florida and taking the 3-day Disney Cruise through the Bahama's. Then after thats done we planned on flying to Kansas and meeting up with Bryan (Sui) and spending a couple days there. Then flying to SF, my mom is gonna pick us up but she was saying its the perfect opportunity to sneak to San Fran for some Clam Chowder :hah:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
st louis isnt that where millz/unity is?

ooh and cruise! i've been to one last year...so good! i can imagine you'll like it coz they also do a lot of activities on the ship and you're the type who'd be game enough to participate

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Let me be your L.A. tour guide, Tommy. I'll help you make good use of your few hours here. The airport's in the scruffy part of town, but just 20 minutes up Lincoln Blvd by convenient taxi is the Santa Monica Pier and Promenade complex, with a full-on amusement park, seaside restaurants and food booths of every kind, bicycles for rent so you can do like on "Three's Company," the free and romantic pier walk, and a whole lot more, all in walking distance at a world-famous beach on an uncrowded weekday. A lady, young Sir Goaticus, would love it and remember the day long. And pics or it didn't happen. Mad beautiful ocean view pics of the lovely couple. Let me be your guide... please?

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
lol Kim and I would be honored to have you guide us through SoCal during our layover.