Long Drives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Jul 11, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Im sitting here, cruise control pegged at 70mph; just me, the radio, and this open stretch of highway for the next 2 hous. My job sends me up and down, East and West of this Valley to look at possible projects of interest.

This aside from spending way to much time with you guys is one of my favorite parts of the job. But I know thats not always the case, understandably I realize that a significant amount of you dont even have a license yet, no matter you can still answer the quwstion from the passengers perspective.

What do you all think about long drives? Love 'em? Hate 'em?

Doc and bball4life like this.

2. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I love long drives. There is something so relaxing about them. There is nothing to think about except the road and where you're going or where you've been. Everything is suddenly so simple. I always bring along a good selection of music to sing along to and there is the beautiful scenery to be appreciating along the way. I'm making a nine hour drive at the end of the month to go on a camping trip, and I have to admit that the drive is one of the parts I'm most looking forward to.

Matriqulated likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It depends. If I've got someone with me, the scenery is nice, or there is some way to pass then time then I don't mind long drives very much.

If it's a long, featureless stretch of highway I'll hate it.

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I love long drives by myself, it's only when someone else is in the car with me that I get irritated. The scenery doesn't make much of a difference to me since I'm usually lost in my thoughts and don't pay a lot of attention to it anyways.
    Now, if I were driving along the east coast in the fall it would be a different story, I'd soak up every detail.

icegoat63 likes this.
  5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I kind of like long drives by myself too. It does get boring when the landscape is flat and featureless.

6. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I don't mind long drives for work because I am getting paid, and I dont really mind them when we are driving to a vacation spot.

bball4life likes this.
  7. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

i love long drives, i just listen to my ipod and stare blankly out the window. they give me time to just think. to think about everything and about nothing, all at the same time.

Doc likes this.
  8. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I don't mind long drives if the other person with me doesn't mind long drives. If there are kids in the car or the other person is insanely bored or irritated from being in the car so much, they are not fun and I just want to get to my destination as quickly as possible. I don't really like long drives by myself either, I fall asleep easily in the car if I don't have someone to keep my mind active.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like long drives when I'm not driving. :lol: But I have to be seated in front (the navigator). And nice CD collection to play during the trip....with snacks and drinks. Perfect.

10. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Long drives for vacation trips no big deal. Freaking time wise long trips even though the distance isn't that long, irks me with no end like going to work every fricken day.

I find that driving can calm me so long as it isn't rush hour.