Long Distant Relationships.

snowflake

Registered Member
I think if you want to be with someone, You will be with them no matter where they are in the world.
I think if I met the right person I'd move to be with them, no matter if it was to another country.

When you find the right one, I guess it doesn't matter where you live as long as your together.

Lemonv1

Registered Member
With enough patience long distance relationships do work.
Typically not with young people as they seem to be more impatient/want a partner who they can BE WITH all the time.

I'm in one, it's both our first relationships, it's lasted over two and a half years so nobody can tell me they don't work. They just take a bit more work. Infact sometimes the opposite, as you don't get smothered by them.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
I think if you want to be with someone, You will be with them no matter where they are in the world.
I think if I met the right person I'd move to be with them, no matter if it was to another country.

When you find the right one, I guess it doesn't matter where you live as long as your together.
Hi Dal.. Oh wait.

Speaking only from my own personal views here. Me loving somebody in another country is never going to happen. You have to physically be able to be with the person you love. You can't judge a persons personality well enough over the internet.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Nope.

It's very 'Disney' to think that because you love someone so much that you can be with them no matter what. However, it's almost impossible to make true long distance relationships work. 20 minutes? Not long distance. 2 hours? Sort of. A day's drive? Yes and anything longer. Not to mention, if you've never met the person, it's hard to call the love complete because let's face it, humans are physical beings. You need to feel that connection in person as well.

Harmony

Registered Member
I have a long distance relationship with someone who lives in another country. It's tough but completely worth it. And we have met in real life too, so we know it's for real.

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est
I did the long distance thing with my ex while we where both in school during the semester. It takes alot of devotion on both peoples part to make it work. But if you can you know its real.

Not convinced :-/ I guess it depends on a lot of factors though.
I agree with cons in that physical contact is important, its unrealistic to think that love can survive over phone calls and webcam. People have made long distance relationships work in the past though so it can be done.
I can understand how people who believe in 'soul mates' etc think that where ever two people are in the world, if they are meant to be together then they will be together no matter what. But in reality there isn't just one person that you can fall in love with.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Well I met my girlfriend in Taiwan first, and then we had to go back to our respective states. So it's not like it was long distance from the start. It actually started out like most others.

If it were a different country, I'd have to think about that. There still needs to be a possibility of meeting back up. With countries, it's just that much harder.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I'm getting married to a woman I was in a long distance relationship with.
I live in Michigan and she lives in Indiana. It was tough we were together for like 6 months then broke up for two years. We got back together a year ago and she moved up here and we're getting married in July.

It was hard and there were alot of rocky moments but I couldn't be happier now.

well, i guess it's not so easy ,

i've met a lot of wonderful people who were really close to me in mind and emotions ,

but the relation didn't continued cuz of that " distance " !!

it's not so easy to leave your home , your life , and move to another totally new , unknown community ,

and if it is so far , it will cost so much in traveling ;)

Last edited by a moderator: