Lonely.

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Dali, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Dali

Dali Registered Member

I am so lonely and miserable, I have wonderful dreams and I am happy then I have to wake up and I feel miserable. When your lonely and feeling miserable, what makes you feel better?

2. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

A lonely old soul myself too, at the mo. I just moved up to Nottingham from London and I barely know more than a pigeon here. Pretty much everyone I know is in or around London so it's left a gaping chasm. Takes a while to fill it (Hamlet's working on it). I just look forward to all the interesting people I will meet in the near future. Most people have a lonely spell occasionally and it does pass. Just have to remember you're not the only one out there. :)

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Knowing I have the ability to create beautiful things anytime I want takes my lonely feelings away. I could spend days completely alone, with nothing but my art for company and not feel the need for anyone else.
    You need to find something that fulfills you, something you love to do and it'll help.

4. Dali

Dali Registered Member

I am sure you will make allot of new friends, I don't know you very well but from your posts I think you are a very decent person so it should be no trouble for you and I really hope you settle in soon!. I am just wondering when it will actually pass for me. I hate to sound like I am a moaning sod but sometimes I just need to talk about it so I thought I would post here.
    ------
    I do spend most of my time reading and I get completely absorbed in it, I spend hours and hours reading to pass the time and I get so lost in the book that I am not really thinking about anything else, its just when I put the book down that the loneliness creeps back in again. I have spent pretty much the whole day reading but for some reason its not having quite the same effect today. :(

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
    Syndicate likes this.
  5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I usually come on here. The members here can easily cheer me up. That or a really good book.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Reading is more of an enjoyable way to pass the time, it's not really fulfilling. There's not much sense of accomplishment in reading a book, although it is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
    Like Hime said, you can always come here, there are a lot of great people.:)

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

GF is a good place to come when you're feeling down, like Himie said. I've been feeling bored almost all day but for the past few hours I've been laughing at various posts.

A nice walk somewhere with your dogs might cheer you up a bit also, that or just a big cuddle from them!

A cuddle from Synd cheers me up no end.

8. Dali

Dali Registered Member

Thank you for being so nice. The thread about asking for help on the internet cheered me up. I think though that as (stupidly) I have missed my meds for two days for various reasons and that has contributed to me feeling like this, I just wish I didn't have to take them.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You seem like a nice genuine person so I hope you feel better soon. Drop me a PM anytime if you ever need someone to talk to about anything.

I've felt lonely many times but it always passes. It's a horrible feeling at the time but when something good happens you forget you felt like that.

10. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

I'm never really lonely or miserable. When i am, my real friends and family cheer me up ^^