lol at the Real Bout High School anime

If you haven't seen it yet, the name of the ultimate villian is Williard Gates. Williard > Will > Bill, so the big baddie is Bill Gates.

Not really. It's only half decent, but nowhere near as good as the manga.

I suppose it would be alright if you've never read the manga though.

J

Japan_86

Comparing the anime with the manga, there is no comparison. Having seen the first two anime dvd's and reading several of the manga, I can tell you that the anime is a waste of time and money.

As for the manga, it is very good. It has comedy, action, and a lot of kicking butt. The anime is strangely irrelevant. The anime seems to follow the manga at first glance, but it really doesn't.

So if you are thinking of looking into this particular series, avoid the anime at all costs. The manga is ok, but I've seen better out there.

So if you are thinking of looking into this particular series, avoid the anime at all costs. The manga is ok, but I've seen better out there.
I'd solidly reccomend the manga. It's one of the better fighting series out there and it doesn't bombard the reader with fanservice on every other page.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I have only seen the first dvd. I thought it was done very well funny and good fight scenes.

My biggest problem with the anime is that it changes Shizuma completely.

First it makes him lose his love of a challenging fight, it makes him a coward, it eliminates the whole 'Shizuma falling for Ryoko' thing, it weakens all the people at the school, it gets rid of Shizuma's lovably cocky personality, it makes him turn from a guy who could tell a person's personality from one fight to a guy who can't read emotions until he sees the person cry, it eliminates some really good characters form the manga, And it has none of the depth of the manga.

What the anime actually does right, is it has Shizuma playing an instrument, and lets you see his sister.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I have never read the manga before. But they usually always seem to change something. Most of the times it's edits but changing a character is dumb. I wish they would just keep it the way it was made.

Watch episode two where Ryoko fights Shizuma.

Some basics on if the anime was loyal to the manga for that fight:
- when Shizuma saw that Ryoko improved, he would be estatic, not scared.
- The two would never had said they weren't serious in the last fight, though Shizuma would have said he let Ryoko win.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Okay I will when my brother gets his dvd back> He borrowed to his friend and he's obsessed with it(He has watched it 10 times).>.< That's why I love you Mal you help a bro out lol.