• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Locations you would not visit

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
There are certain places on the planet that would not be a good idea to go to or that you may decide is not a nice area to visit. North Korea for example, something tells me I should not try to go there and say "you know we have thing called equal opportunities? Just sayin'...", I also don't feel it would be wise to go to certain parts of Iraq or Iran.

With all this being said I have never been so maybe I am judging to harshly but something tells me I am possibly best not visiting. Are there any places you would just not go to? Have you ever been somewhere you could never recommend?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Places I wouldn't visit? Harlem, Compton, North Korea, Bermuda Triangle, Japan. Those are the few that popped into my head immediately when I saw this thread.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love to see the pyramids but there is no way I would travel to Egypt. I wouldn't want to travel anyplace in the middle east either. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Aztec pyramids in Mexico but with the violence from the drug smugglers I wouldn't go there either.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Honestly, I can't say there are any places I would never want to visit. I love travelling and would like to go as many countries as possible. Right now given current world situations I would not want to travel to many African and Middle Eastern countries. But things change. In my lifetime I'm hoping many of the countries I wouldn't want to visit in the present time will be more open for tourism later on in my life.

dDave

V.I.P.
There are a lot of places in Central and South America that can be dangerous (there are even places in Chicago and Detroit that are unacceptably dangerous.) I'd be really uneasy going to North Korea (though Americans have gone there before) as well as many African countries where civil war seems to be constant.

Obviously, like most people here, the Middle East sounds like a bad idea to me as well.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I wouldn't mind going Harlem or Detroit, maybe I am just too uneducated about the area to fully understand the situation.

I wouldn't go India because I've heard so many stories of unhygienic practices. It looks great but I'd rather come out alive.

Bliss

Sally Twit
India and Australia. Too hot!

The thought of seeing a snake or a giant spider in Australia frightens the life out of me. I won't do it.

As for India, everyone I know who has been has been really ill because of the food.

dDave

V.I.P.

The thought of seeing a snake or a giant spider in Australia frightens the life out of me. I won't do it.

As for India, everyone I know who has been has been really ill because of the food.
You know, there are a lot of dangerous countries that are also really hot, not just India and Australia! :lol:

I actually know someone that's been there (India) and didn't get sick. We were all expecting it but it never happened.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.

You should come to Australia in our winter. All the snakes, spiders etc disappear for the winter, and the weather stays about 13C-23C the entire time. Which is probably warm for a Brit, but cold for us.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Hilander, I'm certain the unrest in Egypt will resolve with time, so you could still go in future.

The first and only country that came to mind when I saw this thread was India. I would go anywhere in the world, even North Korea would probably be an interesting visit. Beirut, Chernobyl and strange places like that would be very interesting to visit. But I will never ever go to India.

It's hot and humid. It's over populated dramatically. It's dirty. It smells bad. The people don't speak English. And nothing about the sites or architecture appeals to me to want to endure any of the aforementioned conditions.

We have a coastal city in SA which we call Mini-India. I hate that place too.