• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Local trends

B

barfootboards

mehh, yeah i agree, america is becoming more and more disgracful every year, each generation wants to act older then the ones before then

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
MaruDashi said:
Just about everyone in my neighborhood wears the "Vote for Pedro" T-shirts
Damnit I hate those things. I even saw a baby-size one on a little kid. Now that's child abuse.

Malificus said:
I've seen preteen girls wearing shirts that say stuff like, "who needs smarts when they have these?" or other shirts bragging about thier ten-year old chests. I don't think that's just where I live though, I've seen it in other states on the other side of the US as well. I hate whoever decided that ten-year-olds need to dress like they're sex objects
Those shirts aren't for 10 year olds, they're for annorexic teenagers. Christ, half the clothes for girls are so damn tiny that it depresses them into losing weight so they'll fit into them. But I can't stand it. It makes me think of that Family Guy episode where Meg gets a makeover. Lois and Meg are shopping for t-shirts when this conversation breaks out.

"How about this one, it says 'Sperm dumpster.' OOOH! And it's written in glitter!"

SuiGeneris

blue 3
The Mercenary said:
Those shirts aren't for 10 year olds, they're for annorexic teenagers. Christ, half the clothes for girls are so damn tiny that it depresses them into losing weight so they'll fit into them. But I can't stand it. It makes me think of that Family Guy episode where Meg gets a makeover. Lois and Meg are shopping for t-shirts when this conversation breaks out.

"How about this one, it says 'Sperm dumpster.' OOOH! And it's written in glitter!"

Thats priceless...that describes my local "trends" to a tee. A lot of slutty girls walking around, thinking they are popular because they show more skin than the next girl. Its pretty sick.

Our biggest "trend" is the whole Chuck Norris fad. Our school has made it into like a school logo; "Chuck NOrris thinks East is a Pussy." "Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kicks East every day." "East is Chuck Norris's bitch." Etc..etc..etc.... Yeah school rivalry..what can we say. (We're South by the way) Other than that our school (or local trends) are kind've caught in a transition, nothing really out there right now. The snowboots, for the girls, used to be in; thank God those are out.

Rigth now the local trend is just be yourself. Atleast for a while that is.

M

MaruDashi

The Mercenary said:
Damnit I hate those things. I even saw a baby-size one on a little kid. Now that's child abuse.
In my school they even pass out buttons that say "Vote For Pedro"

Malificus

Likes snow
The Mercenary said:
MaruDashi said:
Just about everyone in my neighborhood wears the "Vote for Pedro" T-shirts
"Vote for Pedo?"

merob

Boom!
[Blur said:
]
Oh another thing...those damned walkie talkies that "chirp" 3 times really fast when you push the talk button. People go around the halls at my school using those things, thinking theyre ballin. All they remind me of is the cable guys who came over to my house to install my digital cable box...they used those to talk with their base
those are boost mobile phones.

Blur

iPimp
yep.

id like to put bombs in them at the factory...then see how many people use those pos

merob

Boom!
I was thinking about getting one of those today. They're good for the pre paid service.
A lot of peopel are buying drugs (marijuana) in small jars. It's this stuff that makes your eyes water. The prices run form 10 dollars and up. Real funky shit.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
MaruDashi said:
"Vote for Pedro?"
It's from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.
Assuming you are quoting (and unecessarily fixed) Malificus's post, he knows it's from Napoleon Dynamite. Pedo was not a typo either, pedo is short for Pedophile or Pedophilia (sexual infatuation with children).