• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Local News

dDave

V.I.P.
Do you watch the local news?

I find that unless there's something like a forest fire, severe weather, or maybe an insane amount of traffic in one location that I don't really check local news all that much.

I still follow local issues for things like politicians running for office but I don't do it through means of local media.

Just today there was a big mudslide that closed the highway near where I was doing Pikes Peak today. My first thought was to check the local news to see why it was so backed up but our angle allowed for us to see the mudslide so there was no need.

Do you use local news?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never get to see the local news, can't get them over the air and they aren't on satellite. There are times I would like to when something local happens. I have to go to the online site of a local paper to find out anything.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Are you joking? Our house is the effing media capital of the world! :-/ Cant even eat dinner without hearing about everything thats happening here and all over the planet. If somebody goes to the bathroom next door or in Khabarovsk then dad lets everybody know about it. Epic information overload!

dDave

V.I.P.
Are you joking? Our house is the effing media capital of the world! :-/ Cant even eat dinner without hearing about everything thats happening here and all over the planet. If somebody goes to the bathroom next door or in Khabarovsk then dad lets everybody know about it. Epic information overload!
Are you sure that's uh... legal? :lol:

Yeah. The news is on a lot around here. And if the news isn't on then I'm pretty regularly checking the online news (I read CNN, The Blaze, and whatever shows up on my news feed)

It's rarely ever local news though, not even for weather stuff.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Are you sure that's uh... legal? :lol:

Yeah. The news is on a lot around here. And if the news isn't on then I'm pretty regularly checking the online news (I read CNN, The Blaze, and whatever shows up on my news feed)

It's rarely ever local news though, not even for weather stuff.
Well maybe its not THAT messed up... yet. =/
But I may start eating in my room with my media player and earbuds. :D Then they can discuss all the news while I nom and listen to music. :cool:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't care much for local news. I think national and international news is more interesting and more important than hearing about the latest gang shootings, house fires, and train delays in the area.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I keep lightly in touch with local news, but I'm far more concerned with national and international as well. It's sad because there's really no such thing as community strength or bonds anymore. People are too afraid of each other and prefer zero contact.

thealigator

Registered Member
I have started paying more and more attention to local news. Mainly for news about art events and what I can expect to be coming up in my city. I however didn't really pay attention when I lived in a small town/village. There was very little going on and honestly I just didn't care that much. I mainly wanted to get away from the place.