Local bands

A

Ant On A Log

How is your local scense where you live? Post what city you're from, what bands are coming from your area and what they sound like. Also, is there anyone famous who comes from where you come from?

Jeff Mangum and the whole Elephant Six collective, actually comes from Ruston. That means we can claim Neutral Milk Hotel, The Olivia Tremor Control, Apples in Stereo, Circulatory System and whoever else is signed to that label.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
The local bands where I'm from suck. They all sound like cheap rip-offs of hacks like Dave Matthews and Coldplay, two of the most lethargic and sleep inducing bands of all time.

A

Ant On A Log

Where do you live? We've got bands like that now a days where I'm from in Louisiana. It's pretty bad.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Out of sheer fact that this is the internet, I don't really feel like saying where I'm from, just that our bands suck something awful. The worst part is, some shmuck gave one of these bands a contract.

A

Ant On A Log

Silly paranoid man, if you don't post where you live, then I won't be able to make fun of where you live.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Too bad then.

I listen to a lot of rock music along the lines of Disturbed, Godsmack, and Mudvayne, so even you should be able to imagine the frustration I had in high school having to deal with these shitty sleeping pill bands. I want energy in my music and no one around here has any.

A

Ant On A Log

I understand. You should make a band and call it the Blood Farts. That would be rock.

We just have a bunch of shitty bands that don't know what the're doing. They try so so so hard to be original and end up coming out with either something absolutely cliche and terrible or something you haven't heard before and you wish you'll never hear again.

raddmadd

Registered Member
Ant On A Log said:
How is your local scense where you live? Post what city you're from, what bands are coming from your area and what they sound like. Also, is there anyone famous who comes from where you come from?

Jeff Mangum and the whole Elephant Six collective, actually comes from Ruston. That means we can claim Neutral Milk Hotel, The Olivia Tremor Control, Apples in Stereo, Circulatory System and whoever else is signed to that label.
i live in canton ohio. pretty decent music scene actually. theres this punk band, "not branded" who i love. killa music. and i heard this awesome metal band "ariana haven" (somethin like that) good stuff.

well, the dude from Relient K gos to my church, i think that bands pretty sweet.

A

Ant On A Log

raddmadd said:
i live in canton ohio. pretty decent music scene actually. theres this punk band, "not branded" who i love. killa music. and i heard this awesome metal band "ariana haven" (somethin like that) good stuff.

well, the dude from Relient K gos to my church, i think that bands pretty sweet.
I'm...sorry?