Living on your own, or home by yourself.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Right now I'm at home by myself. I also lived on my own for about a year. It's really creepy sometimes being home by yourself. Not so much during the day, but at night it gets creepy.

My mom has a bunch of dogs, and normally they only bark if there's something there. So if they start barking when it's pitch black out, it gets my nerves on edge. I start looking out all the windows, trying to see what is out there. It creeps me right out lol.

On the other hand, I still enjoy living on my own the most. There's a certain freedom that can be had when others aren't around. I can sing as loudly as I want, have my shows as loud as I want. I can act silly on webcam without other people seeing. I don't have to always be cautious of other people's space and stuff. It's all mine, and that's that. I thourougly enjoy it.

So which to you prefer? Do you like being home alone, or having your own place by yourself? What is the worst part, and what do you enjoy most?(keep it clean lol).

Twitch

Registered Member
I like being home alone. i can play music whenever I want, and basically just do what I want.

I hate that there are so many huge windows in my house, and doors with windows, etc. I always feel like something is there..

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I enjoy being home alone, I can have some quiet time and some time to reflect. Also I can play loud music and just generally mess around.

I've never lived alone and to be quite honest I don't want to. haveing to do all the chores as well as work and shopping etc would be too much for me as I'm lazy. Also I'd get freaked out too easily and incredibly lonely and bored.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I prefer being home alone. It means I can play my music as loud as I want without any complaints. It doesn't matter if I forget to take a towel into the shower with me, I can just walk naked to my room. I don't have to worry about stepping on anyone's toes, and don't have people interrupting my chain of thought. I'm not sure I could live by myself, I need interaction with other humans, but also my alone time.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I love living alone, but it scares me sometimes as my cousin was raped and assaulted in her home because a guy watched her and realized she lived alone. I dont think it will happen to me, but I worry about it sometimes. That and I have about an acre and a half of woods behind my house and I have a fear of woods, but I am getting used to that. The only thing that scares me sometimes is my dog will stand at this little loft type area I have by the stairs and growl while looking down the stairs, but I cant see down them from where I am and that creeps me out.. also when she will start barking in the middle of the night for no reason..

but I have had some off things happen like my front door being wide open, when I know it was locked and my garage door opening randomly.

Twitch

Registered Member
I prefer being home alone. It means I can play my music as loud as I want without any complaints. It doesn't matter if I forget to take a towel into the shower with me, I can just walk naked to my room. I don't have to worry about stepping on anyone's toes, and don't have people interrupting my chain of thought. I'm not sure I could live by myself, I need interaction with other humans, but also my alone time.

ALSO, I've never lived alone. I don't know what it would be like.

Last edited:
Right now I'm at home by myself. I also lived on my own for about a year. It's really creepy sometimes being home by yourself. Not so much during the day, but at night it gets creepy.
Great, thanks for this, just as I'm spending the first couple nights on my own evaar :lol: My lounge(room I'm in right now, and bear in mind it's night for me) has big windows on 3 walls and I can't see anything out, but the lights on in here obviously so anyone can see in and it creeps me out sometimes when I'm alone.
So yeah last night was the first night I ever slept in an empty house. It wasn't scary as such, and nor is it tonight, but every little noise I hear bothers me. I like being on my own though so meh, I'm indifferent.

It's also really windy outside right now which wouldn't help if I was afraid of being on my own.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
OMG... I LOVE being home alone!

It's ironic that this topic was started at this time. My parents left for a camping trip yesterday leaving me home alone (I hate camping, so I chose not to go.), and like, I love it so much!

But yes it does get rather creepy. I'm scared to let the dog out at night. I'm scared to go out there at all.

In fact it scares me so much that I have lights and TV's on everywhere. lol.

Cate

Registered Member
I don't really like being home alone. I like being in my room with the door shut, but an empty house just doesn't seem right to me. If i lived alone, i would at least need a dog or cat, or even a hamster for company. well... maybe something bigger than a hamster. so scratch the hamster bit.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
In fact it scares me so much that I have lights and TV's on everywhere. lol.
Hahaha, I do that when i start to get creeped out. There are nights that if I didn't have a light switch downstairs to turn the hallway lights on upstairs that I would just end up sleeping on the couch cause I'd be too scare to go up there in the dark. I don't do this too often anymore, but I remember doing that when I lived with my parents lol.