• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Living in a tiny house

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was looking at some pictures of tiny houses. Basically a bedroom with at little kitchen in it. I don't think I could live in one of them and be happy. I need my stuff, where would I put my computer or the other things I hold dear. I would be tripping over my shoes.lol

On the positive side, low maintenance and cooling or heating bills.

Could you be happy living in super tiny house?

10 smallest homes on the market - CBS News

Bcatz3

Registered Member
No, I really don't think I could live in a supper small house. I need space sometimes, I have a three bedroom house but it's to much space. However I have to much clutter to live in a supper small house.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I could never be happy in small houses like those. How freaky!

I hate the open plan design anyway. The idea of being able to smell your food from your bedroom turns my stomach.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I could most definitely live in a small house like that if I was living alone. I understand once there are 2 people living together and especially when there are kids, how that would be a bad idea, but for living on my own, I absolutely can. :nod:

Easy to clean, everything close by. It would have to be new and modern though, not those wooden huts. I actually like open plan and have lived in a fairly small open plan apartment before. I loved it. I love loft apartments and would have no problem living in one if I only needed space for myself.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There is one thing these tiny houses might do is help with the homeless problem. If I were homeless living in one of them would be a lot better than sleeping in the car. Some homeless people have jobs but don't make enough to buy or rent a traditional house or pay the utilities on larger houses. Providing they aren't built on beach front property that is.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've heard of and seen pictures of apartments in Manhattan that are smaller than the ones in that link. It's really not that bad.

It could be a good way to help provide housing to the homeless. But I bet they are not cheap to build, or not as cheap as we might think. :-/

Last edited:

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I wouldn't exactly live in a real tiny house. However, I would live in a house small enough where it's not too lonesome and has like two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, and a couple of other rooms to house a pool table and my model train sets. Better yet, I might get a bachelor pad.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Not me. I have a 2 BR duplex right now. This is ideal for me. I've actually cut down on quite a few things. I had this massive sectional and huge entertainment stand. Got rid of them both. I'm using my futon as my couch and kept the recliner from the living room set that just holds stuff. Bought a TV stand to hold my 50" TV and that's the extend of the living room furniture. Got my desk in the second bedroom. I might feel claustrophobic in a tiny house.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I used to live in a large 2-story house and now I live in a much smaller apartment. Even though it isn't a really tiny apartment it feels a lot smaller to me and there isn't much storage space. I'm always running out of room to put things because I just can't find the place to store them. That's the only thing that bothers me about small living areas. Not enough storage.