Movies Live Free or Die Hard

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Doc, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

So, I'm a bit skeptical on the whole resurrecting an old franchise thing, but wow, I can't believe I enjoyed it so much. The action sequences were a little over the top, but who cares, it's John McLain.

To keep it short, who has seen it? What kind of reviews did it get?

Oh, and "fighter jet".

2. dmny500

dmny500 Registered Member

Well I haven't seen it but I think I might buy it. Would you say it's good enough to buy? I thought it looked good but it wasn't worth going to the theater to find out.

3. Doc

It's worth a buy, but only if you intend on watching it every once and a while.

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I felt like it was a good action movie but my friend summed it up perfectly:'
    it's not die hard'. I agree it's a great action flick but wheres the humanity?

5. Celas

Celas New Member

Hmm. Not sure if I thought the action was a little over the top, I enjoyed it xD But I really liked this movie, brought back the 90's action, so tired of the action being made today! :|

6. WildEye_KING

WildEye_KING New Member

Well, being a HUGE FAN of Bruce Willis, i atually LOVED the new film. Action Packed Insanity, and i love it. XD

7. Doc

I'm glad someone agrees with me. We need more mindless action, man, that's what these movies used to be all about.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I liked it as well. I don't consider it a "Die Hard" movie, and it wasn't really intended to be. It's more like another story in the life of John McLain later on. The plot is so much different that really it stands alone as a new movie. You don't need to see the other Die Hard movies to understand this as the plot doesn't continue really AT ALL from the others.

I really enjoyed it. Aside from Bruce Willis playing a character named John McLain, and having a daughter named Lucy, it really isn't a "Die Hard Movie" though. As long as you are just in the mood for a solid Bruce Willis action movie then you'll like it a lot. If you want to see a terrorist building suspense hostage situation then you might be disappointed.

9. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

It was a good movie. Of course, I like almost all movies with mass amounts of explosions. The good thing about this movie is that you didn't have to see all of the others to fully understand what was happening.

And by the way, I don't think people would want to watch a movie where the action wasn't "over the top."

10. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I really enjoyed this movie. I like all the Die Hard Movies. So this movie wasn't exactly along the same lines as the other Die Hards but it was close enough for me to really enjoy it.