Live auctions are fun

Whether you come to look at the goods, bid, or just watch the action, there's nothing quite like a live auction. Maybe it's the buzz of electricity generated by a combination of competition and the thrill of the hunt. Or the awe-inspiring auctioneer's chant that always seems to amaze kids and adults alike. Regardless of the reason, people just always seem to enjoy themselves.

Penguin

Registered Member
We had one where I lived as a teen that had mostly new stuff - it wasn't like an estate or antique auction - and a lot of it went very inexpensively. I could take $10 and come home with 5-10 things. It was neat! They usually had a lot of each item, and they had runners who went through the audience of bidders, taking cash and handing out items. It was a lot of fun!

I've never been to a live auction before, but I hear that its a lot of fun. My brother has been to car auctions plenty of times, but I've only been to ebay.com. :D

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
My high school alma mater has a live auction each year to help raise money for keeping the school open since it is a private school and they money that is paid by parents only covers about 1/2 of the actual cost of running the school. It can be a lot of fun, but it usually takes about 17 hours to complete selling everything.

Last edited:

Samm

I do admit, it is extremly fun and exciting to participate, my sister is such a sucker for live auctions, even if she doesn't win:nod:

I always thought there was a market for a live auction website, sort of like what you've just described, maybe a chat room style? With a auctioner and all the bidders, that would be awesome!

Jag1

Registered Member
I do think live auctions are more fun than other auctions, such as the ones on eBay. The problem with eBay is that once you bid, you're reduced to camping that auction screen and pressing F5, in hope that nobody will out-bid you.