Livan dealt to the D-Backs

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
WASHINGTON -- Livan Hernandez was traded by the Washington Nationals to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday for a pair of minor league pitchers.

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney is reporting that the Diamondbacks also received $2 million from the Nationals in the swap.

The 31-year-old Hernandez is 9-8 this season with a career-high 5.34 ERA in 24 starts. The right-hander has been hampered by a sore knee for most of the season but had the latest in a string of strong outings Sunday, allowing two runs over seven innings at San Diego.

"Obviously it's tough to trade a Livan," Washington general manager Jim Bowden said. "We love Livan, but we're not here to win tomorrow. We're here to win for the long term."

The Nationals received two 23-year-old prospects: right-hander Garrett Mock and left-hander Matt Chico. Both will report to Washington's Double-A affiliate, Harrisburg of the Eastern League.
Full Story: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2542289

Nats are just building up I guess, but it is a big loss in Hernandez.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
It's a great aquisition for the Diamondbacks, in my opinion. They needed another arm other than Webb for the long run. We'll see how this works out for 'em.

F

Forbidden

Hernandez is a good veteran, but he has had some control problems this year, and has a high ERA. If he can pull it together it is a good gain for the Diamondbacks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think this is a very good pick up for the team, maybe not this year, but I believe next season, when you'll see a team improvement. He's a former 20 game winner, and he has one a World Series with the Marlins, so he has a lot of experience.

J

Jungle Jim

Hernadez has a good arm. His past five starts have been really good, I think that he is 3-0 in his past five but I'm not absoultely sure on that. The wins he'll bring to the diamonbacks will probably lift them into the playoffs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's going to be a tight race, because the West ain't very strong and any team can win from that division, I am hoping they do win the division because of Orlando Hudson. But I am pretty sure he's going to have success in Arizona.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
You never know, a change could cause Livan to get better. It's known that some people work more effectively at different places. He could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs for the D-Backs.