• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Little things that make you judge someone.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Even though you know you shouldn't...

Most people would judge someone if they found out they bashed their wife, killed someone or took drugs etc, but do you have any of those 'tiny' things that you judge people on?

Even though I know it's wrong, I tend to judge new people I meet by certain small things about their personality. I don't really hold it against them, and I usually end up friends with these people but I just can't help it.

Some of these things are spelling and use of grammar, table manners and whether they can eat without making gross sounds, (sometimes) taste in film and music. Another big one for me is whether they like the Twilight books and films. I personally hate that franchise so much that I am initially turned away by anyone I meet who is a fan. Of course I usually end up friends with these people later but it's just a first instinct.

Do you have any of those tiny little things you internally judge new people on when meeting them?

PS. I am talking about things that make you see people in a negative light only. I personally have thousands of things that make me instantly like a new person I meet, but maybe that can be another thread.

Last edited:

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I judge people in minutes, if not seconds. I'm usually right. I know it's a bad thing and is not logical, but having a near 100% accuracy simply reinforces my belief. There are a few criterion that immediately come to my mind:

1. How often do they smile, and how often it's fake
2. Volume of their voice in different situations
3. Whether they speak in another language in front of someone who doesn't know the language.
4. Unfortunately grammar and accent. This doesn't make me judge people, but it's a huge turn off
5. How much make up do they wear.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Some of the little things I observe are :

-Manners and behavior
-How friendly/lovely they are/sound
-How they communicate and talk
-Shoes, hands and teeth.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
-Shoes, hands and teeth.
Oh yes teeth is a big one for me too. I know that not everyone can afford the same dental care but if I meet someone who has really disjointed, yellowing or even rotting teeth I'm quite turned off. I also find it hard to talk to these people because my eyes keep getting drawn back to the teeth, even though they don't want to.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I can't say for sure I "judge" them....but I definitely determine if I want them as a friend or not. Probably the most common thing I run into in my circle is those that interrupt. If they aren't polite about inserting themselves, I don't like them. Another quick decision comes if someone is pushy, dictorial, or controlling. On the same hand I can truly appreciate a leader which takes graceful use of those traits. I tend to be cautious of people that are "too happy". I don't think they for real and a detest phoney. Another big no no for me is one that brags. Ew ew ew.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I judge people based on what's in their grocery carts.
OMG I totally do that too :lol:

I notice little things about people though. Like if someone crosses their arms too much, I immediately think they're being a bit defensive. If someone doesn't smile, it makes me think that their a grouch and that they have no sense of humor. You know little things like that.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
OMG I totally do that too :lol:

I notice little things about people though. Like if someone crosses their arms too much, I immediately think they're being a bit defensive. If someone doesn't smile, it makes me think that their a grouch and that they have no sense of humor. You know little things like that.
I cross my arms a lot because it's comfortable, and because sometimes I'm self-conscious of my... endowment. I rarely look like I'm smiling, even when I am, because that's just how my FACE looks. I'm not a sourpuss but I often look like one.

I also judge people by their table manners.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I was out the other day and a woman I just met said "youse" instead of you and "anythink" instead of anything. I immediately wanted to be away from that woman. I know it's bad but when people use words like that it just grates me on the inside.

Interested

Registered Member
What do I judge by...

Hair. Has to be shiny and clean. If I seen it greasy once, I will be expecting it all the time and will be grossed out.

Whether they say "Thank You" and "Please" when it is appropriate. It's a must and there are no exceptions, no excuses... "Sorry" and "Excuse me (please)" go with that too.

One, rather shallow of me, is that I judge girls who have moustache. But I mean come ooooon. Money issue? 50p tweezers will last a lifetime. Or leg wax strips: £1 - supply for an entire year. Yuck.

Nail polish. I see women with remains of a bright red nail polish. Where did it go? It should either all be there or shouldn't be there at all.

Similar situation with hair dye. If one started dying their hair, they should either stick with it or quit. Gives a very bad impression when I can see that the last time they dyed their hair was 2 and a half inches ago.

There.