Litter Box Cake... Yes, you read that right

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
That reminds me of when my stepmother made dirt cake using a children's sand pail and sand scoop. It looked so bad to have on the table especially with "dirt" covered worms, until one of the children actually tasted it and it was gone in 2 minutes.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
hehe I made a sand cake for my daughters 2nd birthday using a sand pail. It was really cool actually. I used pecan sandies all crushed up for the sand :)

My mother made one of those dirt cakes too several years ago. I remeber she had a plant sitting in the middle of the table and nobody thought anything of it. Then all of a sudden she took her spoon and dipped in and took a bite. We all just stared at her. It was pretty funny. And pretty good cake too!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Nummy nummy!!! Looks good......................NOT!!!!

It's fresh scooby snacks!!! (that's what we call it when the dogs get into the cat box):lol:

I would love to take one of these with me to the family reunion :nod: :lol: :D

mamab

Registered Member
Not sure I want to admit this, but I've actually had some of that kind of "cake" before. It was really tasty once you knew what it was actually made of. :))

My mil made a dirt cake when we went to a Scottish Robert Burns pot luck one time. People thought it was a table decoration for almost 20 minutes. One of us FINALLY dug in, then it wasn't long before it was gone.

Melos

Registered Member
I've made the dirt cakes before - with the gummy worms and all. My mom made a garden cake once with flowers made of molded candy over the dirt cake itself. Each kid got a flower in a big scoop of 'dirt' with a worm in it. It was a hit at the party.