'Lite' GF portal.

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Syndicate, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

I realise that it wouldn't benefit many people so I won't bother requesting it but is there a portal to view a slimmed down GF for smaller devices? Long shot but thought I'd ask.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Not yet, but I won't say it's not on the way either. :)

3. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

meaning what? like mini-GF for phones and PDAs and the like?

4. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Aye exactly! :) I've tried via PSP too but it struggles with memory. My phone deals with it pretty well but a streamlined version would be love. I'm usually posting from a PC so it's no huge deal but I'd look forward to trying it out if it comes some day. Thanks for the answer!

5. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I would love that. ^_^ my phone handles GF pretty well, but its still a slow load.

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

That would be a good thing to see, my phone can't view the whole page so I don't even try to get on with it anymore. This would be a great thing to add to the forums.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Seems like a good idea in the long run. GF, particularly the entrance page, is rather busy and hectic on memory.

8. Mirage

I'll warn you all that I'd probably make the cell phone "lite" version a VIP feature due to the time it would take to add it. Several people have recommended that to me already. I think it makes sense to go that route. Just saying I'm considering that option so it's not a surprise later on. Not out to pull the rug out from anybody here. :)

9. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Understandable mate and a good incentive for some of us to upgrade should it happen. Something I'd definately consider myself. Thanks again!

10. Mirage

I probably can't start working on it until next week but it sounds like enough people would use it to make it worthwhile. I actually asked about a year ago or so and everybody basically said "Huh? Surf the web on a cell phone?" :lol:

My the times change fast. :D