• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Listening to music while reading?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Does anyone here listen to music while reading? I saw someone doing this on the train last week and I never really understood how people could do this. It's not the first time I've seen someone do this obviously, but I've tried doing it myself and I feel I just can't concentrate on what I'm reading if I have music going on.

Thoughts?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I always do this.
Not only when just reading, but also when studying. I can't concentrate without music.
Otherwise, i fall asleep.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I can't concentrate on anything whilst listening to music. I tried a few times whilst studying because I know a lot of people who do, but I just don't get it.

I can maybe understand doing it whilst browsing a newspaper or something, but still, not even that really..

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
When I'm reading a good book it has to be turned down low and only instrumental. Though I'll listen to all kinds of music when I'm working.

Last edited:

Interested

Registered Member
I do the same. And when studying too. However, if my favourite songs comes up, I start singing along, and drifting into day dream.

Twitch

Registered Member
I can't concentrate on what I'm reading, the music is too distracting.

Impact

V.I.P.
Depends on how irritable I am that day. If I'm chilled, then I have the music going pretty loudly in the background, but the more irritable I am the quieter I have the music. Usually it is on though, I find it drowns out all the other background noises that are more distracting than music.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I have to have something on in the background to do anything. Whether it is radio or TV and no matter what i'm doing versus school work, work, or reading something has to be on in the background.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I can't concentrate if I am reading a book and listening to music because I will read the book but at the end of the page, I have no idea what I just read.