Listen to club music, be cool

You're only cool if you listen to club music - i.e. dance, rave and the like

Discuss the truthfulness of this remark.

NOTE: My prefered music genre is Heavy Rock/Metal ---

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Who wouldn't consider it cool? Seriously? With lyrics like "I just wanna sit next to you while you just sit and say next", you'd be a fool for dismissing it.

Just to be clear - I really am a bit of a closet raver. Not so much now in my older years, but a part of me will always have a love for house music.

LOL @ you creating this thread. It is a known fact that "metal heads" have a great hatred for "ravers". There is a punk club across from a house club in my town. Around midnight, all kinds of things gets thrown at each other. I now frequent the punk club more, and they are on the second floor where the house club is on the ground floor, so we have the advantage of gravity. Good times.

Who wouldn't consider it cool? Seriously? With lyrics like "I just wanna sit next to you while you just sit and say next", you'd be a fool for dismissing it.

Just to be clear - I really am a bit of a closet raver. Not so much now in my older years, but a part of me will always have a love for house music.

LOL @ you creating this thread. It is a known fact that "metal heads" have a great hatred for "ravers". There is a punk club across from a house club in my town. Around midnight, all kinds of things gets thrown at each other. I now frequent the punk club more, and they are on the second floor where the house club is on the ground floor, so we have the advantage of gravity. Good times.
I don't hate ravers. To be honest, I like a variation of musics. I don't know if this sort of thing has been said, implied or whether it is just a vibe. But club music seems to hold an air of coolness more than others. I hope others bring their ideas to the theory.

I can imagine it. And I love punk!

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I love them all. And I dont believe Club music is "cooler" than the other. I do believe however that the weightedness of which is cooler is mostly derived with who you hang out with.

For instance, here on the forum where we're populated mostly by metalheads..... I've found the harder the metal you listen to, usually the cooler you are.

Whereas I'm sure it would be a different story if the forum were dominated by Ravers... then it would be the more Techno your library is... the cooler you are.

I'm a fan of both. I even like it when you take the two and combine them into the goofy bands like "Enter Shikari" where its Techno-Metal