List your experiences when you got mad while playing a video game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Jul 4, 2009.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

From what you can recall, list all your experiences when you got mad while playing a video game. EX: throwing the controller because you couldn't beat a boss, yelling because you got Game Over, crying because you got killed on the final level of the final boss.

Don't be shy, I'll list mine, too! ^_^

- Getting frustrated and crying while playing Super Mario World. There was this one level in Star World (is that it?) where you need to blow Mario up with a blimp item and float him across the level. I kept dying by the flower attack, running out of blimp energy and the football guy crashing into me. :teeth:

- Trying to get the trophy for "Take No Damage" in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time against Freya. She either A) came near me and attacked, or B) used some spell to get me. Really annoying. I think I just threw the controller down, turned off the machine and went outside. Arg!

I know I have more, I just can't recall them right now... I'll be sure to list more once I do!

This way all way back when I was younger. I learned to control my anger somewhat when it comes to gaming. Usually, I'll get frustrated, turn the game off and go lay out in the sun for awhile. That tends to cool me off. =P

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Smelnick likes this.

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Halo. One time I was ready to toss the xbox out the window. I get pissed off thinking about this.

So, I was playing living dead. On one of the maps there is this tunnel that you can crouch in and shoot the zombies as they come up, one by one. Well, if you get there and all of the other non-infected up high in the room that the tunnel leads to, you have all zones covered. I was in the tunnel. Well, this guy wanted to go through the tunnel, and instead of letting me get out into the room that our teammates were protecting, he pushed me through the tunnel and right into a shit ton of infected that got me killed. I was so fucking pissed. I was doing really well, had a good spot, and that douche bag completely ruined it.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Was this a human player, or a computer bot?

I get really pissed when a computer bot does something like that to me.

Or when the AI steals the items. I play unreal tournament all the time. When I'm playing team deathmatch, or ctf, and I'm going for the sniper or something, some stupid team mate jumps in front of me and takes it. So I get pissed, and blow away the team mate just to get the item back. Although it tends to get you banned when you play online =P

viLky likes this.
  4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

When I was 4 years old playing super mario 64 I was in the red coins area almost done with 100 coins in the level when the stupid caterpillar ran on top of me and threw me down into hte dark abyss, I started crying and got really mad and threw the controller on the ground and walked out.

I don't remember what part of the game I was at in DK 64 but something was way too hard so I threw the game down the stairs (actually broke off one of the small clippers on the bottom of the cartridge.

I can't believe that it's not my favorite game ever, I would have never seen that coming. :lol:

I've had my moments at least I haven't had any recent ones at all (I'm talking probably at least 8 years, that DK 64 one was my last one ever.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

You were only 4 when the 64 came out? Wow, I almost feel old =P I remember tossing a 64 controller at my cousin's place. But it wasn't because of the game, it was because I was mad that I had to share with my brother lol.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

No actually I was 3, haha :lol: I was playing Super Mario 64 when I was 4 though, I also remember barfing on one of the controllers, I believe that's the last time that I ever threw up, I haven't thrown up in at least 10 years. :D

When you're really little N64 is ridiculously hard :lol:

It's definitely my favorite console ever though with SNES in a close second even though I never owned one I still have most of the games that are awesome from it.

7. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I bit my PS2 controller when I couldn't beat the final boss in Street Fighter EX2. I chipped my tooth so now I don't tend to bite that often. Just punch things. I really must calm down.

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Loading up a game on cassette for the Commodore 64, waiting 5 - 10 minutes (it feels that long!), only to find that sometime during loading, there was an error, and I gotta try again!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can't actually remember any experiences. At all. Not a sausage.

Not to say I haven't had them, sure I've had my fair share. I just can't remember any of them.

*EDIT*
    To go with the C64 theme, how about programming a cheat from a hint book, recording it to tape, then finding out that somewhere in that 50 - 100 line piece of BASIC coding, you fucked up!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  9. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I never really got angry and playing the games, it was just when they would freeze or not load that would really piss me off, mainly when I didn't save it either lol. I used to hit the PlayStation a bit but that was about the most of it.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Fighting Reapers in Resident Evil 5. They have a single hit kill which they use all the time.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU