NES List of NES games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yooperchick, Dec 8, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

Here's a link to a list of the NES games that were made. Now, I know some were not licensed by Nintendo. I don't know which ones were not licensed, so those may or may not be on this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NES_games

2. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Holy crap, that's a lot. And one thing ebven more amazing: there was a Penny Arcade gaming convention contest thing where you'd win EVERYTHING. All of that. And more. Every single game and accessory for the NES was in there, including ROB.

Now that I've seen the list, I now know what I must do: go to the next convention with a contest like that and win.

3. yooperchick

A guy on eBay actually had ALL the games for sale (at least that is what he said). He wanted a lot of money for them, I think it was around $5,000. I don't think it sold. I had it watched, but then I deleted everything out without thinking.

4. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Anyone want to bother doing a handcount of the games on that list? The dips who assembled the article forgot to do the most obvious thing of listing the simple number of how many games are on that list. futhetic.... :shake:

5. yooperchick

Ok. That list DOES have unlicensed games included in there as well.

Vega - I will try to do a count later, when my eyes aren't so tired. I've been searching the net and I can't seem to just find the number. I want to say the guy on eBay said 635 or something close to that.

6. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

that would be the count for all licensed gamesif you add all the unlicensed stuff... its somewhere around 1000... there were alot of unlicensed games on the NES

7. yooperchick

Well, if that list has 1,000 some games on it...no wonder the people who did that article didn't count them.

It would take me FOREVER to count them. I tried yesterday and kept losing count. And, I don't think I've had to ever count that high before. That could be a challenge in itself lol.

8. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

9. yooperchick

Did you see the one box in the first picture?

"Peek a Boo Poker"

That sounds pretty naughty...