• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

linux_os

tametoum

Registered Member
hi every body,
i need to know how can i install more than one linux os
on a pc
thank u for u'r help
:)

akus85

Hi tametoum,
for installing more linux os in your pc,you need some partitions in hard disk.
For example install first linux os in your hard disk and install GRUB or LILO after install the second linux os in the other partition without install any bootloader.
Now when reboot your machine the bootloader list only first linux os start it and after modified: /boot/grub/menu.lst adding the second linux os in the bootloader. ;)

scarface94

Registered Member
Hi tametoum,
For example install first linux os in your hard disk and install GRUB or LILO after install the second linux os in the other partition without install any bootloader.
Now when reboot your machine the bootloader list only first linux os start it and after modified: /boot/grub/menu.lst adding the second linux os in the bootloader. ;)
Spot on man, really simple and concise. I like it :nod:

tametoum

Registered Member
Hi tametoum,
thank u thank u
i have another question what i must type in this file /boot/grub/menu.lst
& muchas gracias señor :)