• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Link Popularity

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
Does anyone know how to increase link popularity and get the page to show at the top of searches? Is it better to use more or fewer keywords? What does goodle like to see when it crawls the site?

I've gotten my link pop to go up a little by using a link submit tool that i found for free, but it still needs a lot of help, esp with getting google to recognize it.

lilys_things

Registered Member
This gal told me once to first list your auction for three days, it will show up closer to the top, then go back and revise it to 7 days, I dunno tho, I never tried it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
She's talking about websites though, not auctions. :) The trisk is just to get your site linked off of other sites. You can exchange links with other sites looking to grow also, or you can just hope people link to you. It's a tought game to play.

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
i'm guessing its just a slow process...good thing i'm not in a big hurry. thanks for your help

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It takes a few months and a lot of new content to get decent search engine rankings. I know that Google updates PR every 3-4 months or so, so it will take a while to move up on Google.

lilys_things

Registered Member
LicentiousVenus said:
Does anyone know how to increase link popularity and get the page to show at the top of searches? Is it better to use more or fewer keywords? What does goodle like to see when it crawls the site?

I've gotten my link pop to go up a little by using a link submit tool that i found for free, but it still needs a lot of help, esp with getting google to recognize it.
I found this today..

http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

..and it you go to google and type in your name you use in here..
Lot's of posts direct you back here :)
So..when you type on this board it shows up on the google search engine..

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
ya, i noticed that when i was checking to see if anyone linked to my site that was on google