• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Linguini

Saffy

Registered Member
With Prawns and Courgette:D My Next door neighbour pops a bag over my fence from time to time with veggies he has grown. yesterday i got some cabbage, a cucumber some beetroot and courgettes:D I was looking for recipes to use the courgette in and found this one:)

olive oil
3 medium courgettes , halved lengthways and sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
pinch dried chilli flakes
400g cooked peeled prawns
200g tin chopped tomatoes , drained of juice
finely chopped basil leaves
400g linguine , cooked according to packet instructions

Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the courgettes and fry gently until they start to go golden. Season with a bit of salt and black pepper. Add a splash of water and cook while stirring and mashing to break the courgette down for about ten mins. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the prawns, 2-3 tbsp chopped tomatoes and basil, cook for 5 more minutes then add 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
Toss the linguine through the sauce and serve

Last edited:

Saffy

Registered Member
I spose it dont have to be Linguini, could be any pasta ,, i do like Linguini mind:nod: I reckon it be nice served with some garlic bread and some fresh crispy salad:D