• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome Lindsey Stirling - Hip Hop Violinist

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think it's great that she added the dancing and everything with it, but the whole "Hip-Hop" violin thing has been around. I first seen it when Jay-Z brought Miri Ben-Ari on stage during one of his concerts.

Still, it's pretty cool.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I love the violin. It is a beautiful instrument and I don't think that's how it should be played. A beautiful piece of music doesn't need the dancing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is an amazing track with a violin, it's a couple of minutes in though, but I simply love this song. This is how I prefer to listen someone play the violin.

lethal industry tiesto feat violin - YouTube

I cannot check the videos that you posted, Brix, but I'll do so when I get home.

Iris

rainbow 11!
OMG that is amazing. I think I've fallen in love. The only thing that would make it better is if someone sang along, because that's what I like most about songs is the lyrics that go along with them. I don't always need them to enjoy a song, but I find it definitely helps.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
OMG that is amazing. I think I've fallen in love. The only thing that would make it better is if someone sang along, because that's what I like most about songs is the lyrics that go along with them. I don't always need them to enjoy a song, but I find it definitely helps.
She played with a band and vocals in this video:

Party Rock Anthem -Violinists can shuffle too - YouTube

I just bought all 5 of her songs off of iTunes. So far well worth it. I love violin music and I believe she bridged the gap between classical and hip hop very well.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Okay, that is horrible. But only because that guy sounds like a douche bag and I don't like him. the music is fantastic, though. everything aside from the first blonde douche is really good.

I've always liked violin music too, but when it's mixed with modern tunes. like the band Yellow Card? Their first CD had a violin. (don't know about the others) and it was in almost every song, I think. it was really good.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I like it. Usually mixing styles comes out either poorly mixed or sounding horrible, but this was neither.

I honestly enjoyed hearing a song like Party Rock Anthem being played in the way it was. It also doesn't hurt that she has some mad moves for someone who is playing an instrument and dancing at the same time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The first video was super corny. She's definitely talented though. Nothing I'd really care to hear ever again though. Ha.