Likely Candidates to Win the GOP Primary Nomination for the 2012 Presidential Electio

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I voted for Romney in the Republican Primaries last time. And chances are high I'll do it again. I wasnt feeling McCain, Romney on the other hand had voted for things I'd cared about, Advancements in Medical Research leaving behind the real stringent Conservative scare about Abortion and Stem Cell Research. Was in favor of Gays serving openly in the Military, which is a thing I find to be important when it comes to human equality. The only downside I had against Romney was he is a powderpuff when it comes to Gun Control. But I also feel that in a time like we're in now, Guns are important, but they're not the most important. Even still though I'm not willing to give up any rights, because once they are given up... you never get 'em back.

Sarah Palin IMO WILL be the one that takes the Nom. She is the most obvious face of the Tea Party and with the Backing of the Tea Party... I dont think anyone can stop her.

3. Sim

Sim Registered Member

For some reason, I think Bobby Jindal will make it.

I know, it's way too early to tell, but somehow, I have a weird feeling when I read about him.

icegoat63 likes this.
  4. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

It's too early to speculate but I'll credit this with as much insight as "411mania"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Romney?! :-o

I still don't understand the infatuation with him. He is a RINO, Northeast Republican plain and simple. Would he be better then Obama? Sure he would... but he wouldn't be my first choice. He reminds me a lot of Scott Brown, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins...

I could see Bobby Jindal running, Palin, Mike Pence from Indiana, Huckabee again... and I could even see Jan Brewer getting some traction. These are just my thoughts.

Due to the Tea Party movement I doubt Romney will come out on top.

SmilinSilhouette likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

How about adding to the topic SS? Rather than just bashing the source?

Gingrich, Huckabee and Palin are all far too nuts to consider. Sure they get good TV ratings, but the voters wanted Obama in 08 and they didn't get who they wanted. So now you've got an even larger and youthful voting base that the GOP needs to get swinging their way. What the GOP has a problem with, as we all know, is change and one of the things they really need to start changing is their game plan. They need newer, more charismatic and less insane individuals to better their cause. Instead, they're just trying to latch onto the Tea Party and ride those guys like barn animals and hope it gets them enough votes to win.

7. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

@ Cons: I guess you just don't get my sense of humor :lol:

So I'll just be clear about it. I think it is way too early to even bother with it, but right now it would seem that Palin would be the front runner. I know that would drive you apeshit crazy to say "President Palin" but I wouldn't want to see Newt, Romney, Huckabee, or any of the others that were given serious mention as the nominee. But it is a long way off and I hope a better candidate will emerge between now and then.

8. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I like Jindal also, although I really don't know much about him. America will be looking for a unifying force in 2012 and Jindal seems like he could do that. If I could choose anyone it would be Senator Jim DeMint. He's a strong conservative, honest and like-able.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

No, I saw your lack of input.

Palin is only considered a front runner because she's a celebrity. People mocked California for electing AHHNULD but this is completely fine by them? Palin's political experience is slimmer than Obama's, she's ill informed and she's been doing nothing but running on her celebrity status rather than actually doing anything constructive for her cause. I already view most Americans as idiots (they elected Bush twice . . . okay, once) because I'm a cynic but part of me would hope I could get proven wrong. Here's to hoping I'm teaching in another country (Preferably Canada) by the time the 2012 elections hit.

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Until someone better comes along I hope to see Newt, Romney, or Jindal take the nomination. If we have a Palin v. Obama election I may consider buying a Segway and rolling off a cliff (sorry, bad joke).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010