Like & Dislike

Discussion in 'Music' started by EllyDicious, Sep 16, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

What do you like and dislike about music entertainers/singers nowadays?

Something i like: is the way they perform. some of them have good performances whether on stage or in their music videos. you can see new moves and some of them are really talented like : Ciara, Beyonce, Usher, Chris Brown, Neyo, Fergie ...
    they know how to rock their bodies.

Something i dislike : Many who sing and perform call themselves "artist"/singer when they're not like that at all. they become famous for crappy stuff and suddenly come into music biz. and become "singers".

Plus, i don't like some of the hip-hoppers like 50cent or snoop doggy with their friends. their music videos are all about sex, hustlers and stuff like that. and you can see their videos are all the same. with no differences . [girls in the club, stripping, licking their bodies, alcohol all around, money flowing .. ]
    i mean .. NO VARIETY.
    they just need to fade away.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Like: That more artists are actually singing live now and not pretending to.

Dislike: That hot girls in the videos sells more music.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Like: Music other than current mainstream/what's in the charts isn't the only popular type.

Dislike: In a lot of cases, it seems to be less 'about the music' than it used to be. Image is way too important. Bands and singers from previous decades wouldn't have a hope in hell today, because someone in the group is overweight/ugly or whatever. Also it seems like it's more about sex than music, which can be said for a few genres in particular.

4. Arcticwolf

Arcticwolf Registered Member

Dislike- most of the video's seem the same. Hot girls and cars and huge houses. Not that I mind the girls but give us something different.

Like- Some dance moves and the song itself

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Like - I guess some artists who can really perform and go all out for the audience.

Dislike - People who write songs that basically have nothing to do with anything, what ever happened to writing actual songs? I'm talking about Black eyed peas's latest songs....Boom boom pow, etc..

6. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Like: Indie and niche artists are better able to find audiences than ever before, thanks to the internet; and audiences are better able to find them.

Dislike: Mainstream music seems to have gone straight down the tubes, but that could just be my age talking. :) A part of me really wants to believe that artists like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and Nine Inch Nails are objectively better than anything that gets played on the radio these days; but I know that part of me is probably lying.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  7. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i like everything that i listen too

i dislike everything everyone else listens too

Millz likes this.
  8. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

Like: That a lot of bands are using more hi-tech stuff and doing really awesome shows! Also, that they're using more techno in their music. Dan Black's "un" CD is sweeeeet! And Muse "The Resistance" and Green Day "21st Century Breakdown"! Just so much sweet stuff comin down all the time!

Dislike: Too much sex. I think most people like sex but it really does get "too sick" a lot of times. Also, there's a lot of bands I luv listening to, like Thursday, who sound awesome but do really morbid vids. i'm like, who wants to get depressed just to hear some awesome chunes!?

9. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Dislike: They are so dead. Their is no passion behind the performance. All of the music is written for money.
    Their are no real instruments. All of the instruments are digital. Lil Wayne can't play a guitar.
    Shitty themes. All the music does is tell kids its cool to be some pimp and girls to be hot skanks. Not to mention drink, kill, get into gangs, the list goes on.
    You call that singing? (rap at least) Rappers can't sing. Mary j Blige is a prime example. For some fucked up reason, Elton John thought it'd be appropriate to do a duet of "I Guess Thats Why They Call It the Blues" with her. She totally fucked that song.
    For those who do sing, they either sing bad, drown themselves in autotune, or are decent singers but sing in shitty songs.
    ALOT of the music hardly counts as music. 90% of it is just a bass line or beat. Its so dull and lame.

Like: Some songs are quite catchy, but don't expect me to have it on my Ipod. Even the VERY few ones I do think are catchy, they aren't worthy of any praise.

10. StringerBell

StringerBell Registered Member

Like - Indie musicians seem to be really pushing the envelope stylistically and gaining well deserved recognition.

Dislike - Pop music is terrible. Pop music in the 60s = The Beatles. Pop music in the 2000s = N'Sync.