lightsabers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wrecked, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

i've been thinking about getting one of those lightsaber FXs when i get my pay check [ anakin's from ep 3, blue ].

anyone own one?

i've also seen a few sites that have custom sabers for sale and claim that they're are much more durable than the FX series and have a removable blade. but i don't think they have sound effects.

anyone own a custom one? anyone create a custom saber?

here's 2 sites that sell custom sabers:

http://www.parksabers.com/index.html

http://www.lightechindustries.com/main.html

---

they have some pretty cool designs and can be pricey. the blades used in the 1st site look more solid but have a dumb orange end cap, but the ones used for the 2nd site look too bendy.

i've heard that both sites sell good sabers.

2. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

They look pretty sweet, how do they work though? Do you have to attach the blade to them, or hide the blade when the sabre is not turned "on"?

3. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Erm, wait, so those are actual sabres with glowing lights on them to make them look like lightsabers? Holy crap, I never knew people were THAT obsessed with Star Wars to actually make those.

Jeez, imagine if someone used one of those to kill someone and it was caught on camera...

4. RossDude

RossDude Beep

We have some lightsabers similar to those at Gamestop. We have them on sale for $100 each, but I don't think anybody's ever bought one. They sure are fun to play with, they make the wum sounds when you swing them and everything.

5. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

wum sounds ^_^ :nod:

6. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

My brother had a red lightsaber when I was little. I remember taking it and going in the closet (decent size closet) and playing with it so he wouldn't catch me. I was such a rebel back then lol!

Gosh...that was about 20 years ago! Great...now I am feeling OLD.

7. ltk9492

ltk9492 Registered Member

wow, ive seen these before, they are cool. I saw an ep 1 lightsaber in real life at a shop in the venetian hotel, in vegas. it was really nice. Actually, it was in the area in Cesears palace. They are nice,alright.

8. RossDude

RossDude Beep

While closing up at work tonight we had a little light saber duel, and I noticed that when our sabers connected, they made that kshszz sound. You know the sound.

9. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

That would be funny if one broke :)

But wow, thats kinda crazy. However, you get your self things that make you happy, thats whats great about the country we live in.

I only remember having those plastic sabers with the light bulb at the bottom and plastic swords. We would use them on a trampoline and pretend power rangers, wrestling, pirates, and just plane hit each other for no apparent reason. Mind you I was about 6 at the time, the only thing that continued was the wrestling until I rock bottomed one of my friends and we fell all the way through the trampoline mat.

10. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

let me guess, when you guys are finished playing with them you wrap them back up and sell them as new! :rolleyes: [ gamestop joke ]

and trampolines are the most dangerous "toys" ever. people always end up getting hurt on those things, either by falling off, landing on the edge, or one of the springs snaping.